Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
blackpool
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
I've a 04 reg swift 590rl and the bathroom washbasin drain plug area has broken away completly this is the second one in 4 years. Have been quoted 110 pounds for another new one from a swift dealer,the question is can i get one from anywhere else but swift as they dont deal with the public direct. thanks for looking at this.
dave

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
I've a 04 reg swift 590rl and the bathroom washbasin drain plug area has broken away completly this is the second one in 4 years. Have been quoted 110 pounds for another new one from a swift dealer,the question is can i get one from anywhere else but swift as they dont deal with the public direct. thanks for looking at this.
dave

try Link Removed
and Motorhome Self Build, Camper Van Parts, Spares and Accessories
have you looked on ebay :thumb:

OP
OP
C

coolman

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
blackpool
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
bathroom woes

Some time ago i wrote saying the problem with my vanity unit basin having broken twice in four years round the plug hole area,The only advice from SWIFT was to buy another from them for one hundred and ten pounds,after two failed units i decided against that option! twice bitten duble twice shy .I searched the internet and struck on a guy very near were i lived that claimed to replace any part made in injected plastic with a exact part but made in fibreglass ,at lest twice as strong and more durable,this cost me fifty pounds and i and a friend fitted it last week in two hours,if you take that the part from SWIFT plus the fitting by one of their agents would have come to at least one hundred and ninety pounds i think it fairly obvious it pays to look around and not topay through the nose to people who think theyv'e got a monopoly in spare parts for there motorhomes.It came to my attention while fitting the part that i bought that the makers of the original part have occording to the person who i spoke to on the phone have gone into adminisration, so whoe's making the parts for Swift know!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

coolman

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
blackpool
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
bathroom woes

Thanks for the reply PAPAJOHN if you or anyone else would like the persons address contact me with a private message or just through the forums if thats what they prefer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back