LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
In May I took delivery of a new Burstner ixeo 55 and according to the brochure a flatscreen holder came as standard, however there wasn't one on mine so I asked the dealer where it was?, to which he replied that Burstner had made a mistake with brochure and you don't get one.
He says that they will fit one for cost price approx £190.
So is it ok for Burstner to advertise items as standard then claim to have made a mistake.

Ray

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sounds bad to me, but worse for £190 I would expect a bracket and a TV

I suspect there will be a cop out clause in the brochure T's and C's

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
There usually is a get out clause in brochures such as indication only and specification liable to change without notice.

My Pilote had the opposite problem, they had replaced the ordinary TV bracket with a very expensive sliding one which we didn't like and replaced with a cheaper one. Now gathering dust in the garage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I would have thought the dealer could have afforded to supply you with the holder as a goodwill gesture then take the matter up with Burstner at a later date.
Did you get any discount off the screen price when you bought it?
Allan

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ray email Burstner telling them the lit says it has one --one thing is certain -if you don't ask you will not get :winky: in fact ask the dealer for it in writing that it does not come with it now :thumb: then send that along with your request stating it's a small thing but you feel fiddled ::bigsmile:
terry

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
You should ask Shifty, he's an expert on all things Burstner, a real fan and there's nothing he won't be able to sort for you. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
raysalaugh

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
I have sent a message to Burstner asking them to confirm that the brochure is incorrect. I await their reply.

Ray

OP
OP
raysalaugh

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Received an email from Burstner and apparently the brochure was incorrect, however as a goodwill gesture they will pay for the dealer to supply and fit the flatscreen holder. Excellent outcome and so quick.

Ray

:thumb:

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
In May I took delivery of a new Burstner ixeo 55 and according to the brochure a flatscreen holder came as standard, however there wasn't one on mine so I asked the dealer where it was?, to which he replied that Burstner had made a mistake with brochure and you don't get one.
He says that they will fit one for cost price approx £190.
So is it ok for Burstner to advertise items as standard then claim to have made a mistake.

Ray

Hi, I would say that unless it was stated in the brochure or there was a footnote to the effect that, for example, this is not available in the UK, then a call to Trading Standards in in order.

It an item in a shop is labelled with the incorrect price, then the purchaser may buy it at the marked price. IMHO, then if an item is described as having a certain specification by the manufacturer, then the purchaser may reasonably expect to get what he/she believes they are paying for.

Do not let the dealer weasel his way out of this, Trading Standards are your friend. The dealer should fit the bracket and then he should persue the manufacturer for the cost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back