motorbike / scooter insurance for morocco (1 Viewer)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Anyone got bike insurance to cover Morocco please ,

Carol Nash is messing me about , got me cover then said they havent :Doh:

I spent over an hour on the phone last week sorting out cover ,
i have a policy that allows 2 bikes ,and they gave me a quote to add the scooter onto it ,
i told them it had to have cover for Morocco ,

i bought the scooter today , got home and phoned carol nash to give them the reg number as arranged and they now tell me they do not cover Lexmoto ...
But they will add green card £30 for first 7 days plus £25 for every 7 days after that,
We were there 11 weeks last time , so that works out at £280 on top of the normal insurance .

BUT... on the Lexmoto web site they tell you to go to carol nash for cover ,

Graham

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
We bought ours as soon as we entered Morocco on bikes, just through border at Tangiers, can't remember how much but a lot of the insurance companies won't provide cover.
Hope this helps :thumb:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I can take the harley but they wont cover a 125 scooter :Doh:

but last week they did:Eeek:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Bump

i have a policy that allows 2 bikes ,and they gave me a quote to add the scooter onto it ,

i bought the scooter today , got home and phoned carol nash to give them the reg number as arranged and they now tell me they do not cover Lexmoto ...
But they will add green card £30 for first 7 days plus £25 for every 7 days after that,
We were there 11 weeks last time , so that works out at £280 on top of the normal insurance .

BUT... on the Lexmoto web site they tell you to go to carol nash for
cover ,

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Pete ,

i have heard people say about getting cover at the border ,

but i dont want to carry it all the way there only to find i cannot do it ,:Eeek:

Baz had to leave his motoerbike in Portugal, i believe , because of insurance problems ,

Someone must have done it ,

i will just have to hope a " SENSIBLE " post / answer comes up on the forum ,:Smile:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi Pete ,

i have heard people say about getting cover at the border ,

but i dont want to carry it all the way there only to find i cannot do it ,:Eeek:

Baz had to leave his motoerbike in Portugal, i believe , because of insurance problems ,

Someone must have done it ,

i will just have to hope a " SENSIBLE " post / answer comes up on the forum ,:Smile:

Pm Malcom bolt iam sure he had problems too and left his scoot in Portugal

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't know of anyone ever that's had motorbike cover in Morocco from a UK insurer for anything over 30 days. I do know of a few that have taken out local insurance, but have known many more that don't bother with any at all :Eeek:.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I don't know of anyone ever that's had motorbike cover in Morocco from a UK insurer for anything over 30 days. I do know of a few that have taken out local insurance, but have known many more that don't bother with any at all :Eeek:.

Hi Dave I thought they checked at Tangers when we arrived I may be wrong as I gave them all lot for van V5 insurance and MOT but can't remember if they asked for it

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave I thought they checked at Tangers when we arrived I may be wrong as I gave them all lot for van V5 insurance and MOT but can't remember if they asked for it

Have never been asked for insurance in Tangier. I have been asked for it in roadside checks, but am sure they could not read it. I did once buy motorhome insurance at the border and it was not expensive. Am not really sure if it would have been any good if I had needed it.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Suggys

We are hoping to take a scooter to Morocco this year too.

It may worth your while looking through this Morocco thread, Insurance is mentioned several different times.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/morocco/

The border insurance will always be the minimum requirement for that country, not to the standard of our insurances.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.
Must admit Carol Nash told me that we were insured in Morocco, however we are also downsizing our scooter from 300cc to 125cc.

They used to be the experts in motorcycle cover, not so sure now.

Pat

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Bump

BUT... on the Lexmoto web site they tell you to go to carol nash for cover ,

Graham

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Suggys, I posted a reply before youre bump did you see it.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks p4n for the info ,

Looks like it would have to be local Moroccan insurance ,
The info you sent does have a few motorcycle hire shops listed , so they may be a good starting point to get insurance info :thumb:

Rampdale offer extra cover for Morocco costing £50 on top of the premium but only for 30 days in any 12 month period , :Sad:

Carol Nash would do it for £280 i mean insure me :Blush:

Liverpool Victoria would not even quote ,

Keep the insurance suggestions coming in , this info will help others taking their bikes to morocco ,:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What many do not realise is that many Moroccans do not have insurance. Thats why they are always being stopped and having to pay a baksheesh. I have even travelled in taxis that have had to pay a baksheesh for having no insurance. I have 2 friends who were involved in a very serious accident on there scooter when on there way to Agadir were run over by a truck who did not see them. The truck had no insurance and unless they wanted a 50 year old truck in payment for there injuries they were well and truly stuffed. The incident cost them a fortune in hospitalisation as well as the loss of there scooter, which adding insult to injory they had to pay to be repatriated, otherwise they would have to pay import duty on it. Even though we have UK insurance, am not very sure how good it would be in Morocco against an uninsured driver who has not got a pot to pee in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back