Auto-Trail Locker Doors Water Ingress. (1 Viewer)

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.
Hi All,

Has anyone got any experiences of water ingress into external locker doors/ garage doors on Auto-Trails.

My 2010 Savannah has high moisture readings at the bottom of the garage doors and on one other locker door.

I am at a loss how water can get into the door cavities. I'm looking to at sorting this out myself as my dealer estimate the work at £200 plus.

Thanks,

Al. sennen523.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We have a similar problem, I think it is caused by the run off from the awning.
Have yet to verify this.
Only had a leak since we got the awning

Last edited:
May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
Savanna Lockers

Hi
I have a 59 savannah and had exactly the same problems with the two rear locker doors, but I was lucky as it was picked up during a service so I had them changed under warranty, but there is no rubber seal around the door. sorry I cant be more help full

whiskeymac:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

poppydog

Free Member
Nov 1, 2010
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2000
Auto trail damp problems

Yes we too have damp on both locker box doors also loads of it inside, it is going next week to get it all done under warranty - two years old, dread to think what it will be like in three or four years but won't be our problem, it's on it's merry way!!!!

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Interesting. We had the rear locker door replaced on our 2yr old AT Scout recently. Noticed that there is a fairly large gap between the leading edge of the door and the surround of the locker itself. Looks like there is a facility in the mounding of the door to take a seal of some description but absent. Query with the dealer so lets see what happens

OP
OP
sennen523

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.
Interesting. We had the rear locker door replaced on our 2yr old AT Scout recently. Noticed that there is a fairly large gap between the leading edge of the door and the surround of the locker itself. Looks like there is a facility in the mounding of the door to take a seal of some description but absent. Query with the dealer so lets see what happens

Hi GMLS,

Thanks, will query with the dealer and Auto-Trail.

My garage doors have a rubber seal around the frame and the actual door has a rubber type trim push fitted into a groove.

Regards,
Al.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back