LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Since the DVLA closed all the local offices down and moved everything to deepest Wales I have been more than a little apprehensive regarding how they were going to cope.
My fears have been dispelled over the weekend as my registration docs on my recent import took exactly 9 working days from leaving the post box at the end of the street to returning through my letter box. All done and dusted. Well done DVLA Swansea :thumb:.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave glad it's sorted :thumb:They did the same for me changing from Van to motor caravan :thumb:All I sent was a couple of pics of the van as a van and a couple more half done along with 4 of finished product --no probs and not even a visit to the nice VOSA man ::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good news. :thumb:

Very tempted to go and look at that RMB in Coleford, resisted so far but go there every couple of days to see daughter and grand kids and keep thinking "oh I'll just drive by" and take a sneaky look. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to go along with all the paperwork to the Manchester office and sort it in a couple of hours. Then 4 or 5 days later get the docs through from Swansea. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised when it all came back first hit in such a short period of time. Maybe I have been to harsh with them in the past :Doh:.
It means I can fetch the trailer from Germany this weekend with the 760 instead of bringing the 670 out of mothballs. Having just had a service and valet on the old girl, it would have been a pity to get it dirty before someone buys it.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Very tempted to go and look at that RMB in Coleford, resisted so far but go there every couple of days to see daughter and grand kids and keep thinking "oh I'll just drive by" and take a sneaky look. :Doh:

Theres one sitting here in Liverpool waiting for someone to pull the trigger.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

For goodness sake put yourself out of misery and go see Snowbirds one thats got proven provenance instead of an unknown origin

Peter

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've only changed address and it's taken almost 3 weeks for new doc to arrive. But it got here---I'm grateful for that these days!

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Posted my licence back to them a few weeks ago for my 1st HGV renewal in the last post on a Wednesday evening it was a bank holiday weekend and the licence arrived back on the Tuesday !! I was amazed :Eeek:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I have just posted my D2 and D4 forms off to keep my C1 entitlement how I live in hope they will perform so fast

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Posted my licence back to them a few weeks ago for my 1st HGV renewal in the last post on a Wednesday evening it was a bank holiday weekend and the licence arrived back on the Tuesday !! I was amazed :Eeek:

Wasn't yours:Doh: but amazed non the less:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
It means I can fetch the trailer from Germany this weekend with the 760 instead of bringing the 670 out of mothballs.
I'm not really sure why, but I felt a real sense of relief reading that - to know that you had bought it. I've been off-line a bit recently, so probably missed you saying you had done the deal in another post.

That trailer just belongs behind your 760. It just had to be the right choice! :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I must say, they do seem to have sorted themselves out down there. My original plan was to jump in the car and have a day out in Swansea, take all the paperwork and make sure everything was in order. Then I found out they do not have a customer help desk and everything has to be done by snail mail. Can you imagine my despair when I found this out. Anyway, once again a big thank you to DVLA Swansea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back