Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, everyone
I know it's not strictly about motorhomes specifically, but can any one of you clever peeps out there help with somw advice on FREE INTERNET SECURITY sites- my norton sub has just run out and Idon't feel likew paying again if possible. From what little I've heard Norton is not too popular as it tends to block stuff when it shouldn't etc I think it has done this on me before now. We are not particularly clever with the pc -can just about get along so do not know if an advertised site is any good or not so a recommendation would be welcome. It must be easy to install too ! if possible.
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Dave & Jenny

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave and Jenny.

Welcome to the site.

I still rate AVG Free combined with Zonealarm free.

Never had any problems with them at home.Windows defender running in the background too.Any doubts after that run Spybot Search and destroy but watch out for "Teatimer" settings if you choose to run that as well.This is a realtime application that checks data and programs "on the fly".

Are you a barclays customer?I'm now running kasperski internet suite 3 user licence courtesy of them.:thumb:My Father also.Delighted with it so far.

Steve.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi dave and jenny

If you go to the forums page and scroll to the bottom there is a separate forum headed computers.

I recently put in a new thread anyone know any free internet security and had a mass of very helpful replies. Have a scroll through. In the main AVG and AVAST were the two most recommended I believe.

Welcome and good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
I am about to shortly uninstall Norton (when free offer runs out) and downloads kaspersky (my son has a code so that I can use it free of charge for a set amount of time (a year, I think?) .....I shall also continue with Spybot, although he says it is not necaessary but I like it!! :RollEyes: Ana xx

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am about to shortly uninstall Norton (when free offer runs out) and downloads kaspersky (my son has a code so that I can use it free of charge for a set amount of time (a year, I think?) .....I shall also continue with Spybot, although he says it is not necaessary but I like it!! :RollEyes: Ana xx

Spybot often picks things up other ones don't:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back