Inverter socket distance (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Question for inverter users, I am fitting a 2000 watt inverter it will be hard wired to the lesure battery with the supplied leads as I know that the inverter should be close to the battery.
My question is, the inverter has two 3 pin sockets do I have to plug appliances directly into these sockets or can I run an extension lead from the inverter socket & connect it to a new socket further away from the inverter so I can plug appliances nearer he other end of the MH in a more convenient position?:help:

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Your mains cable can be as long as you like; no need to worry about resistive losses at the higher voltages.

I wrote an inverter guide for another MH site but can't see a repository on this site for such guides. If there is one I'll copy here.

Dave

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Your mains cable can be as long as you like; no need to worry about resistive losses at the higher voltages.

I wrote an inverter guide for another MH site but can't see a repository on this site for such guides. If there is one I'll copy here.

Dave
maybe Jim will make a handy electrical thread or there may be one :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Dave

Hi Dave, it's here Broken Link Removed

Eddie

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
when i,m at home i run a couple of 30ft extension leads into the house . power fridge and freezer plus a few other leccy items off the solars through the inverter . cant waste that free power .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back