pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
What's the difference between a caravan club warden n a terrorist??

You can negotiate with a terrorist!!

The warden at the site were at has just come over with that one!?

:ROFLMAO:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
What's the difference between a caravan club warden n a terrorist??

You can negotiate with a terrorist!!

The warden at the site were at has just come over with that one!?

:ROFLMAO:

I might like the post if I could decipher the last sentence!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
what's with the grammar pedants tonight?

two or three threads with people criticising others spelling and grammar is not nice to see. rule number one springs to mind Link Removed

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

two or three threads with people criticising others spelling and grammar is not nice to see. rule number one springs to mind Link Removed

I assume that wasn't directed at me, I merely pointed out that I understood the OP?
:Cool:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

The 2 sentences really should start with a capital letter.

:reel:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

The problem is not about grammar pedants it's about people who write posts that are difficult to understand.

It's strange that whenever a post is criticised in any way those who believe in ignorance and glorify bad grammar always come to the fore with the word "pedant".

I accept that it was a simple mistake and I should have seen the error but such a ridiculous response is sad.

Why not just accept my post for what it is, just a request for clarification of a sentence which was not easy to understand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The problem is not about grammar pedants it's about people who write posts that are difficult to understand.

It's strange that whenever a post is criticised in any way those who believe in ignorance and glorify bad grammar always come to the fore with the word "pedant".

I accept that it was a simple mistake and I should have seen the error but such a ridiculous response is sad.

Why not just accept my post for what it is, just a request for clarification of a sentence which was not easy to understand.
The forum rules are clear and concise, try reading them....is that better?

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
The forum rules are clear and concise, try reading them....is that better?

I see you took note and used capital letters this time when beginning your response. You can learn a lot when using this forum.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I see you took note and used capital letters this time when beginning your response. You can learn a lot when using this forum.
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I might like the post if I could decipher the last sentence!

Not that hard when one thinks about it

The warden at the site [HI]were[/HI] at has just come over with that one!?

[HI]were[/HI] phonetically can sound similiar to we are at etc

The warden at the site we are at has just come over with that one!?

And girls just before you get your handbags out again, remember a fact that this is Fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I bet you cut and pasted that. Sad to think you actually sat and typed it in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back