What1s the weather doing Southern half of France? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
We are enjoying the sun on Costa Brava, heading home by first week of July. Ideally want to spend some time meandering through France but not if the weather`s shite.

If the weather isn`t too bad, looking at leaving for Carcassonne tomorrow or Tuesday and after a couple of days probably heading north up the centre (ish).

Anyone know of a reliable website for French weather forecasts, each one we have tried seems to tell a different story.

Thanks

Steve

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Accuweather.com is about the best of a bad bunch ! Weather has been superb for a while now in the beautiful Correze .

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Accuweather seconded.

Nice and warm here in Saint Antonin Noble Val (approx 26°C) but it's been a bit cloudy today. I had hoped the thunderstorm we had last night (lasted approx 2 hours) would have cleared the air and all would be back to high 20's as it has been but unfortunately not so.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Rainy as we crossed from Italy over the Mont Cenis pass, and mainly cloudy with the odd shower for the rest of the day and still now at Annecy, but temperature was OK at 25c :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
Accuweather seconded.

Nice and warm here in Saint Antonin Noble Val (approx 26°C) but it's been a bit cloudy today. I had hoped the thunderstorm we had last night (lasted approx 2 hours) would have cleared the air and all would be back to high 20's as it has been but unfortunately not so.

Hi if your'e heading anywhere near Cayriech Camping le clos de la lere say hello to Remy for me! he's the previous owner of the campsite he's staying on for a while advising

Tell him Steve & Sue say's hi! His English isnt good though!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi if your'e heading anywhere near Cayriech Camping le clos de la lere say hello to Remy for me! he's the previous owner of the campsite he's staying on for a while advising

Tell him Steve & Sue say's hi! His English isnt good though!

Sorry I won't be passing there.:Sad:

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Travelled up from Peniscola a few days ago to the Dordogne. Weather extremely warm but today was overcast. Something similar for the next few days. Staying on a small site called Le Port de Limeuil a real gem. In the ACSI book no 1437 on page 145. General forecast appears good.

A hidden treasure.

TM

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
We have friends relatively nearby in Duasse and we'll check it out this year when we visit them.:thumb:

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
We are enjoying the sun on Costa Brava, heading home by first week of July. Ideally want to spend some time meandering through France but not if the weather`s shite.

If the weather isn`t too bad, looking at leaving for Carcassonne tomorrow or Tuesday and after a couple of days probably heading north up the centre (ish).

Anyone know of a reliable website for French weather forecasts, each one we have tried seems to tell a different story.

Thanks

Steve

The one I use is Lachainmeteo seems to work!

Cap't

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
We live in the Languedoc halfway between Narbonne and Carcassonne, the weather has been great for weeks, today a little overcast but still warm, it will probably burn off by 10:00.
We really need the rain especially the vines or it will be a poor year next year. I am told that Herault 34 has banned watering during the day even with agricultural water.
Safe journey.
Steve. :france: :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back