Can any one tell me how to locate (and change) the pump in an Avantgarde 150? (1 Viewer)

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
This being a follow on from my recent post regarding a failed water pump. Great advice given for previouse queery but having spent the afternoon between crawling through and under the van and running back and fourth between tinterweb I am no further forward. It would however be fair to say I am by now exasperated:thumbdown:.
Any advice would be greatly appreacaited.

Grymbo.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This being a follow on from my recent post regarding a failed water pump. Great advice given for previouse queery but having spent the afternoon between crawling through and under the van and running back and fourth between tinterweb I am no further forward. It would however be fair to say I am by now exasperated:thumbdown:.
Any advice would be greatly appreacaited.

Grymbo.

Don't know if yours is same as ours but it's under the plastic cover on the left of the engine looking from the front , the same one that covers your cambelt that runs your pump. Hth

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You may get a few more replies if you state the year and engine in your van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Assuming you mean the habitation water pump and not the engine coolant water pump, it sohlud be in the water tank. I'm fairly sure Compass along with Elddis (AKA Explorer group) use submersible pumps in the tank. Quite often the water tank is in the bottom of the wardrobe.

D.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Assuming you mean the habitation water pump and not the engine coolant water pump, it sohlud be in the water tank. I'm fairly sure Compass along with Elddis (AKA Explorer group) use submersible pumps in the tank. Quite often the water tank is in the bottom of the wardrobe.

D.

Right , put me right there, yes in the bottom of the wardrobe there is a piece of ply with a hole in , pull that up and feel for a big lid on top of the tank , unscrew it and pull the pump out with the cable, simples, thinking about it I think you have to remove the piece of ply that stands up as well, four screws I think, havnt had it off for a bit:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

D.

Right , put me right there, yes in the bottom of the wardrobe there is a piece of ply with a hole in , pull that up and feel for a big lid on top of the tank , unscrew it and pull the pump out with the cable, simples, thinking about it I think you have to remove the piece of ply that stands up as well, four screws I think, havnt had it off for a bit:Doh:

The habitation water pump in our Autoquest was in the tank but, as far as I remember, it was fixed in some way by clips so would need to be released before being extracted as Chaser says.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Pump

I have an 08 Elddis it is designated as a Sunstyle 140, very similiar to an avantgarde except I have a locker access from the outside, next to the battery locker.

In the bottom of the wardrobe is what I thought was my hot water boiler. the tank is slung underneath the floor with I assume the submersible pump inside, how you get at the pump I haven't a clue. another of those mysteries awaiting me.

I know this may not really help, good luck :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back