Mattress cover & sheets for a fixed bed (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our new Hobby Siesta Exclusive T600 has a fixed bed with one of those funny mattresses with a corner lopped off. It looks very similar to those found in Bailey caravans (like this Broken Link Removed ) but I believe that the dimensions aren't actually the same.

Can anyone recommend a supplier of ready made or bespoke mattress covers and sheets?

Tim

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
sheets

http://www.jonic-uk.co.uk
Saw these at a show. Ordered over the net, We found them a little bit expensive but the good lady is a bit handy with the old Singer. She ordered a set of fitted sheets then altered a set from Dunelm and hay presto two sets for the price of one and then sent them back. Bad i know but us nomades are a bit resourceful:thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Buy a flat king size sheet. It will be too wide but you need the length. Either just tuck it in and under or get out the needle and pins and make a proper job.

If you are going to make a proper job it's much easier to take the mattress out of the van and put in on top of your bed at home rather than climb in and out of the van (and unless you have an island bed you'll be kneeling on the mattress that you are trying to lift and fit). Keep the edge that you cut off as you'll be able to make pillowcases or cushions with it.

Much cheaper than the special made to fit jobbies you can buy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
http://www.jonic-uk.co.uk
Saw these at a show. Ordered over the net, We found them a little bit expensive but the good lady is a bit handy with the old Singer. She ordered a set of fitted sheets then altered a set from Dunelm and hay presto two sets for the price of one and then sent them back. Bad i know but us nomades are a bit resourceful:thumb:

Yep, I found them earlier today and like you thought them a tad pricey. Oddly enough I traced them by checking up on and ebay seller selling sheets for about half their prices, but operating from the same premises! I rather suspect that it's actually the same company but Jonic keep a little bit quiet about their eBay store.

I'm waiting to hear back from the eBay seller as to whether they have them in my van's size.

Tim

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Buy a flat king size sheet. It will be too wide but you need the length. Either just tuck it in and under or get out the needle and pins and make a proper job.

Much cheaper than the special made to fit jobbies.

Already have one but after my better half struggle and sweated for half an hour to make it up to her satisfaction we agreed that fitted sheets were high on our list of priorities!

:roflmto:

Tim

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Already have one but after my better half struggle and sweated for half an hour to make it up to her satisfaction we agreed that fitted sheets were high on our list of priorities!

:roflmto:

Tim

I make my own made to measure elasticated fitted sheet from the flat sheet - sorry I wasn't clear enough! It's very very easy to do and I'm sure there are instructions on the web. Yes, here http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Fitted-Sheet You will have to adapt the instructions a bit but it's simple.

You need the flat king size sheet because the length of the bed in the van (well ours anyway) is longer than a standard king size fitted sheet, but narrower. It's best to bring the mattress from the motorhome indoors whilst you are doing the measuring and fitting. Put it either on a bed inside the house or on a big table (if you have one large enough), your back will thank you!!!

When I make the bed in the van I put the corners in place from the garage as with the bed at it's lowest level it's below the garage doors.... ::bigsmile: That makes it espeially east-peasy!!!!

Standard duvet and cover. We did try two singles but a standard double duvet is much better.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just found this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qjL-MU0dalE"]HOW TO: Make a Fitted Sheet fit an RV Mattress - YouTube[/ame]

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We have found that ordinary fitted sheets fit our bed quite well, not prefect but close enough, why go to the expense of custom made? :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
hee hee - I've mentioned this before on here.

When I married Mr Trophychap one of the souvenirs in his airing cupboard I inherited, was an almost new cream fitted sheet which regularly got pulled out to put on the bed at home. It's a normal double but methinks it must have been a 'second' because it is about 3 inches too narrow along one (short) end and it infuriated me (but I'm too mean to sling it cos it was in really good condition - so I buried it underneath the beach towels) until last year when we got a motorhome with one of those beds!

What does annoy me though is I get all the overhang of the (normal double) duvet since Pete's side is the longer one along the side wall. And it wakes me up with the weight of it and I also have to fight it when I need the loo in the middle of the night - which is frequent. The thing is, I really really like one of the double quilt covers that we use in the van - it's yellow and white and it never fails to make me feel cheerful and cosy when I'm under it and when I come in the van and it's there smiling at me - and although I'd happily cut the corner off the quilt I really don't want to do the same to the cover.

Am I weird? Or stupid? Or just daft?

You are allowed to say Yes, but please be kind! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back