Ducato 2.8 JTD Exhaust downpipe ( Help ) (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
My brother in law has a 2004 Autotrail Cheyenne 635 with the 2.8 JTD fitted with a cat.

The exhaust downpipe from the manifold to the cat has " sprung a leak!" been trawling the tinterweb for a down pipe for a CAT version but can only seem to find one for a "non Cat" system.

anyone changed one and have details of a source or potential supplier? looks easy enough to change..... when / if we can get the part.

any info would be great thanks:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the front pipe MAY include the cat.

Search for a 2.8jtd cat instead

Just did a quick google and it appears i am right.....cat and front pipe all one peice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
cheers i'll try that :thumb: i did a search for the cat just to see if i could get some link to the pipe.

the pipe defo has a bolted flange to the cat as its at the flang weld its gone:Sad:

ill keep trawling:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Personally Id de cat any diesel if I get the chance
its not required for the mot & it saps power.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
under the latest MOT rules, removal of the catalytic converter or a dpf if fitted is an mot fail

if its just a stress crack, i would personally remove the pipe and weld the crack. or have a welder do it for you. then refit the old pipe

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Personally Id de cat any diesel if I get the chance
its not required for the mot & it saps power.

unfortunately a DPF or CAT is now part of the MOT for diesels.

If the vehicle was made with one it has to be there.

It doesnt have to have any guts in it but it has to be present.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
under the latest MOT rules, removal of the catalytic converter or a dpf if fitted is an mot fail

if its just a stress crack, i would personally remove the pipe and weld the crack. or have a welder do it for you. then refit the old pipe

Its a ten year old vehicle, its not a stress crack it will be rusted out. Modern exhausts last a lot better than they used to but mild steel can only resist the oxide worms for so long, add repeated heating and cooling into the bargain along with a bit of salt in winter and its amazing they last ten years.

D.

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
I have a 2003 Autotrail on a 2.8 JTD and my front exhaust needed replacing last November. It passed the MOt but the garage said it was peppered and wouldn't last long. As I was off to Europe for the Winter I asked them to replace it and they made the section as they are no longer available "off the shelf". It cost £139 (the original quote was £195 but they didn't need to go right to the silencer) Must admit It was a lot quieter afterwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back