Help from Hymer B class please! (1 Viewer)

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Are all B Class (A Class) Hymer motorhomes around 2006/7,'winterised'?
Is there any way of seeing a record of what was the full original spec from the serial number of the vehicle? The one I'm looking at looks fantastic, very low mileage 17,000ish but there are several different incarnations of this model. It not quite the layout we were looking for but condition, mileage, nearness and availability would swing is to it. This one is non fixed bed, dining table on the nearside. Rear bathroom. Reg in 2007 but may be 2006 model but I'm not 100% sure.
Any weaknesses in Hymers 2006/7.
Any suggestions or help welcome.
Setting off this morning to have a second look!
Model is B564.
Regards Brian

Printermick

Free Member
Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
2006/7 Hymer B class

I have a PDF of the Hymer brochure of that time with details of construction and yes they are all double floor and well insulated.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I can speak from personal experience as I had a 2001 B584 and now a 2007 B544. Doesn't matter how cold it gets, you will still be snug and warm with the thermostatically controlled heating.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Not 100% sure but I think from about 2000 on all the Fiat chassis were double floor giving fantastic winterisation. We've used our in temperatures as low as minus 27 C and had no problems and been able to use all on board facilities. Not sure about the Merc chassis don't think they are double floor.

Personally I would think carefully if the layout isn't what you want. When people ask what is the single most important factor when buying a van you will find the majority will always say layout. Most of us have bought the wrong van at least once and its usually the layout that's wrong.

Good luck.

OP
OP
1Oll

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Deposit Paid on B564

Spent the day yesterday looking at the Hymer B564. It was reg in Sept 2007.
Under 19,000 on the clock. It's virtually like new. It wasn't quite the layout we wanted but the condition and availability, plus this layout had other advantages. Thanks to Hilldweller who turned up at the dealers and helped Margaret and I with the decision. First time of buying from a dealer.
Deposit was paid. Spinney are fitting a twin reversing camera and taxing the vehicle with new MOT and service, in addition to sorting any odd problems. There in no ladder on this so I couldn't look on the roof, so I'll need to pop over and do some measuring before I order the solar panels and plan the position of the Oyster Satellite dish.
Looking forward to Wrenbury, Hymer owners beware of me asking hundreds of questions! Thanks again to Carol and Eddie for their invitation at the Chester Food and Drink Festival that started us on the search for a 6 metre Hymer.

Our lovely Autosleeper Amethyst, that's had thousands spent on it will be put on sale soon.

See you in Wrenbury.

Brian.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi, there will be a Hymer serial number on the van, if you are not sure about anything email Hymer with the number and ask the question.
I had an issue and they came back with all the info the factory held.

Hymer vans are pretty good, I had a bit of a steering issue, turned out to be the tracking, I was thinking the worst, cost very little to have it sorted!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Under 19,000 on the clock. It's virtually like new. It wasn't quite the layout we wanted but the condition and availability, plus this layout had other advantages. Thanks to Hilldweller who turned up at the dealers and helped Margaret and I with the decision. First time of buying from a dealer.
Deposit was paid. Spinney are fitting a twin reversing camera and taxing the vehicle with new MOT and service, in addition to sorting any odd problems. There in no ladder on this so I couldn't look on the roof, so I'll need to pop over and do some measuring before I order the solar panels and plan the position of the Oyster Satellite dish.
Looking forward to Wrenbury, Hymer owners beware of me asking hundreds of questions! Thanks again to Carol and Eddie for their invitation at the Chester Food and Drink Festival that started us on the search for a 6 metre Hymer.

Our lovely Autosleeper Amethyst, that's had thousands spent on it will be put on sale soon.

See you in Wrenbury.

Brian.
I am pleased you got sorted in the end, and I wish you many happy trips away in your newer MH.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the build and insulation qualities. It just begs to be used during the winter. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Brian & Margaret, looking forward to seeing you both with the new van at Wrenbury , if Ed & I can climb up that ladder I am sure you two can ::bigsmile:, next big job thinking of a name for the new van.

Who ever buys your old van will get a beaut.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:cry:

[HI]
Our lovely Autosleeper Amethyst, that's had thousands spent on it will be put on sale soon.[/HI]

See you in Wrenbury.

Brian.

:cry::cry:
Hi Brian & Margaret, looking forward to seeing you both with the new van at Wrenbury , if Ed & I can climb up that ladder I am sure you two can ::bigsmile:, next big job thinking of a name for the new van.

Who ever buys your old van will get a beaut.
:thumb::thumb:
Certainly one that's been well looked after:thumb:
:thumb::thumb:

Best Of Luck Roger & Sheila:winky::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread