Translation funnies. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I went camping with my Danish Friends last weekend and had a really funny moment.

They have sheepskins to keep warm and in Danish a sheepskin is fåreskind which when spoken sounds exactly like Foreskin. So when they were discussing the sheepskin it sounded extremely funny.

It reminded me when I first met her she went to the bar and asked for Pork Swords. Turns out that is what they call Pork Scratchings. :ROFLMAO:

Do any of you lot have any "lost in translation" funnies?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes. 'This band is good, isn't it?' translates to a man as 'I wanna go home with you, have sex, make your breakfast, have your babies, wash your underpants, clean up after you, put up with you looking at other women '.. ooops, sorry .. got carried away then..:RollEyes::Doh:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In the Niesmann and Bischoff factory last November and they did a production line tour in English for a few of the owners club.

On the tour somebody asked the very nice German guide what the layout of one of the Arto's was, she stuck her head inside and said "it's a tranvestite bed".

I think in German transverse is quer, so you can work out where the misunderstanding came from.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Without recalling the exact German Wording I used.

Sheila & I had just had our twins in 1971
and I said to my neighbour that I should take them out.

Got it a little wrong and it seems I said I was going out to "gut"
the children. she was horrified until we worked out what I should have said.:cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not a foreign language one, but from my son when he was about 3.

"Dad, I know the worst swear word in the World"

" Really, what is it"

"I don't want to say it, but it's about cheese"

" No, go on tell me"

" Ok. It's Cheesus Christ"

:roflmto:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We have friends in Philadephia abd when they first came over Kerri had what we would call a "Bum Bag".

However she would call in her "Fanny Bag" which caused a few smirks when she called out in the pub for someone to pass her Fanny Bag to her.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Oh yessss !

"Oh My God" .... in French.... errrrr....everybody will look at you if in the street...::bigsmile:

God = Gode in French....same pronunciation:Eeek:.... I let you do searches on the subject

PS : The ones who know it already ...let the others play a bit ::bigsmile::winky:

Ohh Frankie i didn't think you would know of such things!!! :Eeek:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ah French, I had forgotten all my misadventures with that quirky language :ROFLMAO:

I once almost got slapped by a barmaid because my pronunciation of "Thank you very much" sounds exactly like "Thank, you nice arse"

Merci beaucoup

Merci beau cul

I still to this day flinch whenever I say it :ROFLMAO:

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Oh yessss !

"Oh My God" .... in French.... errrrr....everybody will look at you if in the street...::bigsmile:

God = Gode in French....same pronunciation:Eeek:.... I let you do searches on the subject

PS : The ones who know it already ...let the others play a bit ::bigsmile::winky:

D'accord. Mais n'oublie qu'il est necessaire aussi a acheter des piles!!!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I had to search for it but this was a post I made 3 years ago;

Transcript from a (written) Skype conversation with a friend from the Faroes tonight.

Rolfarris: Hi Hans, we'll be over there soon, what's the weather like?

Hans: Not so good now, maybe after you vent in May, we had pretty good vether, no sun but dry, mother inlaw were wankink evry day but she not get any wet at all not dropp of rain,it is not warm here 10.11 degrees.but dry today.

Still better than my Faroese but pays to use a spellchecker.
:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Oh yessss !

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: The first one I found on this subject was seriously shocking..... It involved part of a man's anatomy that should not have anything to do with God:ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Came off a m/bike in Germany, fella asked me have you any pain (Haben sie smitcher(???sp ) I replyed "ya meien foose", might have been "mein Footsa" (once again spelling is phonetic)
Any way !:Doh: one is FOOT, the other is a sensative female reproductive mechanisum:Doh: I said the latter:cry:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes. 'This band is good, isn't it?' translates to a man as 'I wanna go home with you, have sex, make your breakfast, have your babies, wash your underpants, clean up after you, put up with you looking at other women '.. ooops, sorry .. got carried away then..:RollEyes::Doh:

Hey Joy, not all men are like that :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
In an English for foreigners class:

Me: Tell me about your weekend.

Student: I found my girlfriend and raped her on a towel.

Me: Does not sound right. Please repeat.

Student: I was walking on the beach looking for my girlfriend and when I found her I raped her in a towel.

Me: Please tell me in Spanish.

Student: Estaba buscando a mi novia en la playa y cuando la encontré la envolví en una toalla. (I was looking for my girlfriend on the beach and when I found her I wrapped her in a towel!)

Never forgot it! :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Hey Joy, not all men are like that :Angry::Angry::Angry:

You are right, Gromett (and Chris) - you forgot the bit about ironing the shirts as well..........:winky:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
At Pedro's there was a lot of Dutch and they kept going on about "slagroom" we all thought it was a new brothel in Albufeira, turns out to be whipped cream.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
At Pedro's there was a lot of Dutch and they kept going on about "slagroom" we all thought it was a new brothel in Albufeira, turns out to be whipped cream.

They were probably talking about the whipped cream as (allegedly) used in these slagroom type bordellos

Here is one we stayed in last year. No whipped cream though......

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I read all the wrong sort of posts on motorhome forums and innocent looking blonde people corrupt my clean living thinking.........:ROFLMAO:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Went into a bar in Paris many years ago. Asked in my schoolgirl French for a rum (rhum) - bartender fell about laughing because I had asked for a cold (rhume). :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back