Severe weather forecast for the weekend (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The first weekend in June is almost always cold, wet & horrible. I've been away in the same field over this weekend for the last eight years & only one of them was nice. :Sad:

Oh, there was one other year that it didn't actually rain over the weekend, but as it had rained for the previous three weeks almost solid, the field was a muddy quagmire.

I'm just packing to go. Wellies & umbrella live in the van anyway. Just need to pack the waterproofs & my winter coat - absolutely froze in the marquee at 10pm last year. :cry:

Flaming June? Think the guy who coined that one didn't mean it in the literal sense, but as an euphemism for something stronger!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ooh last time I experienced hailstones that big was in Oklahoma in 2012, they hurt :Eeek:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We get The Express, or rather my other half does. It is the modern day version of the Dandy comic.
Every other day it tells us of new cures for everything then the next we are going to suffer world's end weather, nothing appears to ever happen. It has one use, helping to light a log burner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Should get me out of mowing the lawn:thumb:

My daughter though is supposed to be singing at the local church fete on Saturday. I will have to watch from the beer tent ( if they have them at church fetes)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
So here I am, in Salisbury, reading this. And about to type:

"Wasn't that the newspaper that forecast killer thunderstorms a few weeks ago?"

and various other derisory comments.

The wind's just picked up, black clouds have rolled over Old Sarum, and there's sleet hitting the van window :Eeek:

Can't it wait until I get home on Saturday.....pleeeeeeese :pray:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Just had a Met office warning for serious rain all day Saturday :Eeek:

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
So here I am, in Salisbury, reading this. And about to type:

"Wasn't that the newspaper that forecast killer thunderstorms a few weeks ago?"

and various other derisory comments.

The wind's just picked up, black clouds have rolled over Old Sarum, and there's sleet hitting the van window :Eeek:

Can't it wait until I get home on Saturday.....pleeeeeeese :pray:

Had two days rain 14 days but then we are lucky to be south if France.. hope the weather lifts for you..:thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Weather here today in G L A, very "iffy" , poohee one minute, brilliant the next, Mrs R actually got a load of washing dry!:thumb:

I of course, delayed Mowing, trimming and other gardening activitys because it MIGHT just rain:thumb:

Instead I did, Crossword, Code word, read the Facist Times, practiced my mantra "ukipukipukipukipukipukipukip" you know,:RollEyes: all the serious MAN things that us alpha males get up to!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I'm away sailing from Friday for 3 days :RollEyes:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
So, it's southern England that's to get all the crap, it's when Michael Fish comes on and says there will not be a hurricane that you need to worry. ::bigsmile:

There is another part to the British Isles, it's called Scotland, which it is believed gets all the bad weather. I have been watering our garden for the last week because it's been so dry. :Cool:

Van passed MOT so now to get away from the whingers on Fun, who believe all they read in the papers. :ROFLMAO:

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
weather

just cancelled our weekend away after forecast this afternoon. Mind u given our weather will probably change again tomorrow!:Sad:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We get The Express, or rather my other half does. It is the modern day version of the Dandy comic.
Every other day it tells us of new cures for everything then the next we are going to suffer world's end weather, nothing appears to ever happen. It has one use, helping to light a log burner.

Don't knock the Dandy! :winky: It brings back many happy memories of me as a school boy, along with the Victor and the Hotspur and don't forget playing with my Action Man.........or can we still say that these days?:thumb::roflmto:

Bill

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Should get me out of mowing the lawn:thumb:

My daughter though is supposed to be singing at the local church fete on Saturday. I will have to watch from the beer tent ( if they have them at church fetes)

I like your style, Chris - on both counts. I blagged a business trip to avoid mowing the jungle out the back :winky:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've had pretty good weather here in D & G for the past few days. Yesterday was gorgeous for us, whilst it had been wet in Glasgow, Bill got the grass cut whilst wearing his shorts! :roflmto: This morning was lovely and sunny, but it has been raining since early evening.........so we can't complain as the weather for us has been drier than other parts down south.

So not all bad in Scotland, thankfully we didn't experience all the severe weather the south of England had earlier this year:thumb:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Rain today was not exclusive to the UK, it rained here for 10 minutes this afternoon:cry: waking SWMBO from her siesta, it took a full bottle of Asti to settle her nerves and now she is keeping the site awake snoring like a trooper, me I,m just keeping an eye on the fridge making sure the Lidl beer stays cold,
:drink:Cheers from Casa Borsetti, Ravenna

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would rather get my weather forecast from the Dandy.

The Express is well known for headlines like this that have absolutely no basis in reality and on most occasions aren't even close.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/02/sleighbell-winter-climate-change-denial as an example. Its a bit of a long read but worth sticking it out.

Big headlines like this sell papers. Who gives a stuff if it is true or not.

sue_at_hurwitzend

Free Member
Jan 25, 2014
Weymouth,Dorset
Funster No
MH
Tugger, at the moment
Exp
new to motorhoming
The first weekend in June is almost always cold, wet & horrible. I've been away in the same field over this weekend for the last eight years & only one of them was nice. :Sad:

Oh, there was one other year that it didn't actually rain over the weekend, but as it had rained for the previous three weeks almost solid, the field was a muddy quagmire.

I'm just packing to go. Wellies & umbrella live in the van anyway. Just need to pack the waterproofs & my winter coat - absolutely froze in the marquee at 10pm last year. :cry:

Flaming June? Think the guy who coined that one didn't mean it in the literal sense, but as an euphemism for something stronger!

They mean flaming horrible.....
Try to keep warm and keep dry.
Sue

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
as far back as i remember we have hailstones in june.

yep, remember clearly one year at the end of june driving through about a foot deep of hailstones here in the south, sticks in my mind because it was my birthday and i was all dolled up to go out to lunch and be thoroughly spoilt, slipped when i got out the car in my posh girlie shoes and landed on me arse in all the slush much to the hilarity of everyone, which totally ruined the sophisticated image i was trying to be..
to my way of thinking it just goes to show, it doesn't pay to be what you ain't, so from then on was back to being the scruffy old hippie i've always been..

anyway, sorry to wander and ramble away from the point of the thread, hope we don't get any large ones, just had a new windscreen fitted in the van..:Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
just cancelled our weekend away after forecast this afternoon. Mind u given our weather will probably change again tomorrow!:Sad:

No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing.
Make sure you go somewhere with hard standing and get yourself away. Your a long time dead:thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hope not, start my maiden voyage early on Sunday, had I better get a boat then.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back