French Route Knowledge Required (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Believe it or not it's too hot down here in Beziers, 28degrees yesterday and 26 today! Bare in mind I have ginger hair and 18 degrees at Searles is enough for me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking to head up to La Rochelle for. Couple of nights before we go home, couple of possible routes, one via Limoges, one via Bordeaux. What's the best value toll time wise or are there any other options?

Would use dedicated websites but internet connection is sketchy at best!

Thanks in advance.

Vlad

PS Be quick leaving tomorrow morning :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would avoid Bordeaux. The tolls that way are expensive, so I would say Limoges. Not sure of the difference in mileage.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would avoid Bordeaux. The tolls that way are expensive, so I would say Limoges. Not sure of the difference in mileage.

Limoges , yeah make sure you visit oradour sur glan if you havnt been and stay at parc verger:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello Chaser booked back on the tunnel Sat morning only got a few days left no time for Parc verger or the likes,is Limoges best route.?

Vlad

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello Chaser booked back on the tunnel Sat morning only got a few days left no time for Parc verger or the likes,is Limoges best route.?

Vlad

Loads of time, if you are coming that way, a good couple of days from Limoges and you are at the tunnel , you will have to stay somewhere so why not parc verger, take you another day at least to go round bordoux

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Remember though it's going to be chaos around Normandy this week I'd go straight up if I was you

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:Doh: Jesus chaser what are you drinking!
I do Calais to the med with 1 overnight stop, I am looking to go from Beziers to la Rochelle as economically and quickly as poss, so we can have a couple of nights there before catching the tunnel next sat!

Vlad

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
..I am looking to go from Beziers to la Rochelle as economically and quickly as poss..

The two aren't necessarily compatible. If it was me I'd just follow the SatNav, which would probably tell me Toulouse > Bordeaux > La Rochelle.

Our favourite overnight stop in LR is the Ave Jean Moulin Park & Ride where you get services (including water) and return bus ticket to town centre for up to 6 people for 10.50 Euros but maybe you're familiar with that one already?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
:Doh: Jesus chaser what are you drinking!
I do Calais to the med with 1 overnight stop, I am looking to go from Beziers to la Rochelle as economically and quickly as poss, so we can have a couple of nights there before catching the tunnel next sat!

Vlad

Plenty time then , like I said , so what's the problem

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On that basis the cost of diesel going via Limoges will be far more than the tolls via Bordeaux.

We have found if you want to be somewhere at a given time and cost the tolls is the way to go, you can almost guarantee traffic free roads , going the other roads , anything can happen and the roundabouts and bends and not to mention deveating off your route to have a look at somewhere else can severely hammer your fuel cost::bigsmile:but saying that no tolls is our way:thumb:

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The two aren't necessarily compatible. If it was me I'd just follow the SatNav, which would probably tell me Toulouse > Bordeaux > La Rochelle.

Our favourite overnight stop in LR is the Ave Jean Moulin Park & Ride where you get services (including water) and return bus ticket to town centre for up to 6 people for 10.50 Euros but maybe you're familiar with that one already?

Well folks made it here and used above route!
Only just got internet again at Les Sables, near La Rochelle ,as recommended great little site acsi site 17 euros a night and the girls have the pools to themselves :thumb:
Took 6 and a half hours at a steady 70 and the tolls came in at 91.40 euros for a classe deux!
It's overcast here and if your coming to France head south it was 24 as we left at 9.30 this morning:Cool:

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back