Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Well we are now in how 5 weeks into our:Smile trip, pleasantly surprised at the standard of campsites in Greece most by the sea with very good facilities, we are staying at Lichnos near Parga and have a lovely pitch overlooking the sea,although weather not great at the moment, very easy to wild camp anywhere we have parked in some beautiful spots with no problems, it is a long way but well worth it:Smile:

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
in kefallonia at the moment- here for 3 months. no return ferry booked as yet. what thoughts on driving the whole way back and would we need visas depending on which country we wenty through.

OP
OP
simi

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Lots of Germans and Dutch go back through Albania Serbia no problems not sure about visa we are going from igoumenitsa to Trieste on ferry, have a great time are you on a campsite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
yes we are on karavomilos camping in sami

Ah yes, I remember almost getting stranded on Antisamos beach when my hired jeep lost its transfer box and became two wheel drive (provided you continuously held the transfer lever in 4H). Had to spray a load of Germans with pebbles to dig the thing out.

Kefallonia is nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend 3 months there, though... The best parts are in the North, were the older buildings weren't destroyed by the Earthquake. If it gets hot, drive up to the top of Mount Ainos, were it is lovely and cool. Do also seek out the Melissani Lake and also see if you can visit the Hermit's cave under the nunnery (wear non-tourist clothes).

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
in kefallonia at the moment- here for 3 months. no return ferry booked as yet. what thoughts on driving the whole way back and would we need visas depending on which country we wenty through.
We drove to Greece in the motorhome this year via Croatia, Montengro and Albania. You do not need visas but, unless your UK insurance covers your for Montenegro and Albania (which I doubt) then you will have to buy insurance at the borders. It cost us 49 euros for Albania and 18 euros for Montenegro. In order to avoid Bosnia Herzegovina (Neum corridor) we took the ferry from Ploce to Trpanj operated by Jadrolina - lovely journey and quite cheap.
It was a brilliant trip and a great adventure. Any other info I can give you PM me. Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Ah yes, I remember almost getting stranded on Antisamos beach when my hired jeep lost its transfer box and became two wheel drive (provided you continuously held the transfer lever in 4H). Had to spray a load of Germans with pebbles to dig the thing out.

Kefallonia is nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend 3 months there, though... The best parts are in the North, were the older buildings weren't destroyed by the Earthquake. If it gets hot, drive up to the top of Mount Ainos, were it is lovely and cool. Do also seek out the Melissani Lake and also see if you can visit the Hermit's cave under the nunnery (wear non-tourist clothes).

We come to Kefallonia every year for 2 to 3 months , but leave when we get homesick for beautiful Herefordshire

OP
OP
simi

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
There are so many places to see in Greece we spent a few weeks in Lefkas Poros beach Desimi Vassaliki then on to the peloponnisos we are now Lichnos near Parga lovely campsite on the beach but weather rubbish at the moment :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back