LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi off to CCC site at Devizes Mon 22nd for 5 nights. Anyone familiar with the place? Good eating pub? Public transport? :Smile:

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi We've used this site many times just to get away for the weekend.Their is a fantastic pub just outside the gate called the Three Magpies.(This is also a C.S. incidently) good beer and great food at a reasonable price.I think their are buses to Devizes one way and Melksham in the other direction.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Pete:thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi We've used this site many times just to get away for the weekend.Their is a fantastic pub just outside the gate called the Three Magpies.(This is also a C.S. incidently) good beer and great food at a reasonable price.I think their are buses to Devizes one way and Melksham in the other direction.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Pete:thumb:

Right on the button Pete many thanks. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We stayed at this campsite a couple of months ago - lovely spot, great walks along the canal and good facilities if you have a dog.

Would highly recommend a pub called The Barge - about a 30 minute walk from the site.

Hope you have a great time!

Di

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We was there in May, very nice site. The posher pub the Barge is down the towpath and on the other side about 30 min walk, don't come back in the dark if you don't like bats theres millions of em. The Magpies just out side the site poes good grub also.

Take the bus into Devises and walk back, there is a pub on the other side halfway can't remember what it was called though. It's down hill all the way to the site past the caen locks well worth it.:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
sorry i couldnt resist it !!!!

there was a young man from devises whose testes were of different sizes,whilst one was so small it was no use at all, the other won several prizes !!! that's all folks ! :ROFLMAO: :Blush:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There was a young man from Devizes.
Whose onions won all the prizes.
He fed them on beer.
Read them Shakespeare and Lear.
And they grew to remarkable sizes! ...

I thank you playmates :ROFLMAO:

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi off to CCC site at Devizes Mon 22nd for 5 nights. Anyone familiar with the place? Good eating pub? Public transport? :Smile:

Hi we had been for a weekend it a very clean site near the Magpie pub witch is great for a drink but the food it bar food at best.
Along the cannel is a great pub with great food,I think its call the barge inn?
They will know on the site.
Take your bikes its a nice cycle track along the cannel.
Hope the weather stays fine and you don't spend all your time in the pubs.
Regards Mark Breen.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I live in Devizes and cycle to the C&CC site at the 3 magpies quite often. Very good site, right on the edge of the Kennett & Avon canal. The 3 Magpies is a great pub, and sometimes has really good music acts, some of them famous, look out for Dave Clifford, a very talented singer and great fun. The Market town of Devizes is about 3 miles to the East, but is easily walked if you go along the canal path, there is also a bus stop on the opposite side of the road outside the 3 magpies. Devizes has all the shops a camper will require, with some free parking (2 Hours) at the local Morrisons, camper not a problem. If walking the towpath there is a pub called the Black Horse, does good value meals and has tables right next to the canal, you can touch the narrow boats as they glide by. Just like the Motorhome community, the narrow boat community are a friendly lot. The Barge Inn is at Seend which is about 30 minutes walk West along the towpath, good food and again really close to the canal. The city of Bath is about a 40 minute drive away, park your motorhome in the Avon Street Coach Park which is sign posted.

Come to Devizes, spend a weekend here, Visit the Wadworth Brewery for a tour, eat at The Black Horse, shop at our shops and support the small market towns of this wonderful isle we call Britain. (Land of Hope and Glory)

And can you all please get it right

There was a young girl of Devizes
Who had breasts of different sizes
One was small, hardly anything at all
And the other was Big and won prizes,
Boom Boom

Last edited:
OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi there thanks a lot to all who responded. Can't wait till Monday, got the van washed n polished today so we are all set, just to load tomorrow wahaaaaa. :thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hope the weather stays good for you, lovely here today and the forecast is supposed to be good so best of luck and enjoy yourselves.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi there thanks a lot to all who responded. Can't wait till Monday, got the van washed n polished today so we are all set, just to load tomorrow wahaaaaa. :thumb:

Drop over and do mine and I'll come with you:winky::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back