A Tip For Cooking Frozen Pizzas. (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't want to try to teach grandmothers to suck eggs and, given that I have only ever cooked two in my whole life I don't claim to be an expert, but here is a tip that I found to make the pizza less chewy...

Try taking it out of the plastic bag.

Much tastier too.

JJ :Cool:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
But don’t remove the cardboard disc or you’ll lose most of the nutrition if it’s a Lidl frozen pizza :roflmto:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I don't want to try to teach grandmothers to suck eggs and, given that I have only ever cooked two in my whole life I don't claim to be an expert, but here is a tip that I found to make the pizza less chewy...

Try taking it out of the plastic bag.

Much tastier too.

JJ :Cool:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you fool!:ROFLMAO:

Try leaving the polystyrene base on too, makes a lovely smell in the kitchen!:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Not pizza but remember our first married Christmas and Anne mum and dad were coming for dinner and I was cooking the chicken (couldn't afford a turkey) When they arrived mother in law passed a remark about strange hot plastic smell
Took chicken out only to find I had left the plastic bag with the gibblets inside :Sad:
Luckily we had some cooked chicken breasts in the freezer so all was well in the end :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Occasionally we buy a boxed Pizza...

Never tasted very good, and come to think of it never very hot...

JJ........... should Judy take it out of the box before inserting in the oven.. ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Our daughter-in-law for her first Christmas dinner cooked the turkey upside down and left the gilberts, as she called them, inside still in the bag. :whatthe:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Our daughter-in-law for her first Christmas dinner cooked the turkey upside down and left the gilberts, as she called them, inside still in the bag. :whatthe:

Upside down is fine, lots of juices filter into the breast:thumb: keeps it nice and moist, unfortunately my limited culinary experience leaves me unable to comment on the virtues of leaving the Gilbert's in a [STRIKE]condom[/STRIKE] plastic bag, :Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Has nothing Frankie taught you rubbed off:ROFLMAO:

read the instructions!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
The best way to cook pizza is to get somebody else to do it whilst you sample the local beverages :thumb:

Oh..... Indeed??? And who are you thinking of right now:Angry::Angry:

Off to the bath Mister Rubber Duck , you need your mouth washed:roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Has nothing Frankie taught you rubbed off:ROFLMAO:

read the instructions!

Ah well John.... I do try my best English on him but he keeps saying he doesn't understand me!:cry:
Mind you .... he might have a few difficulties to read and understand instructions either ... they are all in Portuguese:ROFLMAO:

Frankie:Cool:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
[HI]Upside down is fine, lots of juices filter into the breast:thumb: k[/HI]eeps it nice and moist, unfortunately my limited culinary experience leaves me unable to comment on the virtues of leaving the Gilbert's in a [STRIKE]condom[/STRIKE] plastic bag, :Blush:

Yep, I always cook chickens and turkey's breast-side down, turn them over about 20 mins before the end of the cooking time - scrummy.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh..... Indeed??? And who are you thinking of right now:Angry::Angry:

Off to the bath Mister Rubber Duck , you need your mouth washed:roflmto:

It was a generalisation, after all a woman's place is in the kitchen :reel::hardhat:

Ah well John.... I do try my best English on him but he keeps saying he doesn't understand me!:cry:
Mind you .... he might have a few difficulties to read and understand instructions either ... they are all in Portuguese:ROFLMAO:

Frankie:Cool:

OK, quite agree - the instructions in English confuse me which is why I get someone else to cook them. Also it is pretty hard removing all the wrapping when you have webbed feet (from Suffolk, you see.....) wings and a beak :thumb::thumb:

P.S. guess who does most of the cooking in our house? Clue: it isn't Dawn.......

Last edited:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Years ago my brother cooked one of those tinned sponges in the oven. I think he was supposed to pierce the tin but didn't. It blew off the oven door and pebble dashed the kitchen walls. My mother was furious when she got home, so furious she threw a cup at him. Of course he ducked and it crashed through the kitchen window; lucky white heather anyone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back