Recomendations for campsites along Rhine Bonn to Koblenz (1 Viewer)

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Hi any funsters out there who can advice on campsites along the stretch of the Rhine Bonn to Koblenz. Reasonable tariff but I don't rough it. Will be walking that section and would like sites within a reasonable walk to a railway station as that will be the form of transport back to the site. There may already be a list on this website, if so could someone direct me to it? Setting off tomorrow.
Thank you.

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
there is a Stellplatz on the E side of the river about 6K south of Koblenz that looks very nice. drove past it a couple of times last year in my bus.
in Koblenz itself there is a stellplatz which is also the coach park, basic but safe and close to a few amenties

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi any funsters out there who can advice on campsites along the stretch of the Rhine Bonn to Koblenz. Reasonable tariff but I don't rough it. Will be walking that section and would like sites within a reasonable walk to a railway station as that will be the form of transport back to the site. There may already be a list on this website, if so could someone direct me to it? Setting off tomorrow.
Thank you.

It is a shame I can't remember the name of it, but as a 18 year old, I stayed on a perfect site just on the section you mention. Right on the river bank, with a fantastic view of the castles on the other side. Maybe I'll find it on Google Earth from some 20 year old memories...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It is a shame I can't remember the name of it, but as a 18 year old, I stayed on a perfect site just on the section you mention. Right on the river bank, with a fantastic view of the castles on the other side. Maybe I'll find it on Google Earth from some 20 year old memories...

It was probably this one:
http://www.camping-goldene-meile.de/

If it was, I could highly recommend it 20 years ago, but it might have changed ownership a few times, and seems a lot more expensive than back then. Easily walkable to Remagen station, although the bridge span is long gone!

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Last year we stayed at Limburg just south of Koblenz on our way back from Poland. This was just a wonderful stay where we only intended to stop over for one night but the town itself was incredible with old Bavarian buildings and pubs with gargoyles in the old town with easy distance from the station and campsite. We went on train one day to Koblenz which took around 45 mins and a lovely walk from the station back to the camp site alongside a river to the site on the river.
Lovely food in the old town and also on the site which was signposted to the spelplatz which is adjoining a large campsite. It was by the river separate from the camp with just motorhomes and was not expensive either. As you left the campsite on our walks in the mornings there appeared across the other side of the river a beautiful old Bavarian cathedral in lovely colour.
We stayed for 4 days with only one day in Koblenz and came back along the Mosel through Trier a truly wonderful experience and if you have time we would recommend you go there.
Ann & Harry:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back