LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Quite a fruitful couple of days have just past. I took the new RMB down to my mechanic on Monday for him to give it the once over and pre MOT and transship all the stuff out of the other van. (Why do we carry so much junk). Spent a full day moving stuff from one van to the other and then off to the MOT this afternoon. Passed with no advisories and the examiner commented on how well it had been looked after. New track rod ends and no oil leaks whatsoever with the engine bone dry. Chassis paint still as new.
A prospective purchaser came to look at the old van whilst we were there, loved it and left a deposit. So thats sold, without even advertising it.
Took my Joyner sand rail for MOT ready for putting up for sale and that passed, with no problems. Why cant all days be like this.

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Fruitful few days

Quite a fruitful couple of days have just past. I took the new RMB down to my mechanic on Monday for him to give it the once over and pre MOT and transship all the stuff out of the other van. (Why do we carry so much junk). Spent a full day moving stuff from one van to the other and then off to the MOT this afternoon. Passed with no advisories and the examiner commented on how well it had been looked after. New track rod ends and no oil leaks whatsoever with the engine bone dry. Chassis paint still as new.
A prospective purchaser came to look at the old van whilst we were there, loved it and left a deposit. So thats sold, without even advertising it.
Took my Joyner sand rail for MOT ready for putting up for sale and that passed, with no problems. Why cant all days be like this.
Hello, Snowbird. We have just re joined Funsters after a break of a few years. We note you are Liverpool based. Are there many of us from this area and what are the future events not too far afield ? The Cotton Arms is booked up and We can't do the Southport one sadly because we will be in Spain. However, we are interested in end July, all August and first week September, by which we will be rolling up and moving out on our journey jollying through France back to our base in Spain for the winter.
Regards,
Ron & Jeanette

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hello, Snowbird. We have just re joined Funsters after a break of a few years. We note you are Liverpool based. Are there many of us from this area and what are the future events not too far afield ? The Cotton Arms is booked up and We can't do the Southport one sadly because we will be in Spain. However, we are interested in end July, all August and first week September, by which we will be rolling up and moving out on our journey jollying through France back to our base in Spain for the winter.
Regards,
Ron & Jeanette

I believe there are a few funsters knocking about in the Liverpool area. We will be doing Southport and Wrenbury, but am afraid thats about it this year in the UK. The rest of the time we will also be in Europe, but I know not where at the minute. Of course there is the giant spectacular in Liverpool and I wouldn't miss that for the world, but I have no time at the moment to sort out a meet unfortunately. Look forward to seeing you at Wrenbury.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Pah!

You went and sold MY van to another!

I spent ages and ages finding the right pillow and now I have... it is sold... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Pah!

You went and sold MY van to another!

I spent ages and ages finding the right pillow and now I have... it is sold... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Sorry JJ, Nothing would have pleased me more than you being the new owner, but dont you think 2 vans is enough without buying another.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
So where's the pics of the new RMB then, eh?

Teasing us, aren't you!::bigsmile:

By the way, did you spot another on eBay UK last night? On a MAN chassis. Seriously lovely, but up for £65,000.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I do hope you are going to treat your new M/H to a decent Gennie... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So where's the pics of the new RMB then, eh?

Teasing us, aren't you!::bigsmile:

By the way, did you spot another on eBay UK last night? On a MAN chassis. Seriously lovely, but up for £65,000.

Will get round to the photos when its unloaded with all the stuff out of the other :Doh:.
I cannot believe how much we have been carrying around with us. Re the one on ebay UK, am now barred from any sites selling motorhomes, just in case I see something else I fancy :RollEyes:. There is now a child lock on all motorhome internet sales sites.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It'll be a sad day to see your 670 go, but heartening to know you're staying with the make.:thumb:

So that leaves me, shortly, as the only Funster owning this body style then. Better crack on with more upgrades...:winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It'll be a sad day to see your 670 go, but heartening to know you're staying with the make.:thumb:

So that leaves me, shortly, as the only Funster owning this body style then. Better crack on with more upgrades...:winky:

I have to agree that the 670 body style was the prettiest of them all. Everything was in proportion and it is very pleasing on the eye. No ugly lumps and bumps sticking out and a masterpiece of design and build quality. Not unlike a Vickers Westmorland Star trailer. I dont think it will ever be replicated in today's world as the costs would be far to high. The minute you walk into them, you instinctively know they were built to last a lifetime. I will be sorry to see it go, and if I had the room to store it wouldn't be going anywhere.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Udo's currently parked, and in loving use, on a very pretty CC site next to the River Thames.

I'm not exaggerating that he gets a lot of looks from passers-by. His metallic silver / gold paintwork and unique looks stands out amongst all the other white caravans and motorhomes there.

I'm not denigrating the white units - far from it. There's a nice Swift Kon-Tiki parked next to us and we've been quietly admiring it, especially from the additional interior space it undoubtedly gives.

But Udo (RMB's) really stands out. He looks great. Very neat, uncluttered lines. Glossy metallic paint. Polished stainless wheels.

Saw some pics of your RMB in Spain and the same equally applies.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The new owner of the 670 has joined Fun so that he could contact me regarding it. Apparently he had been looking for a 670 and was directed to Fun as he heard mine was for sale. He is obviously a discerning gentleman as he has never owned a motorhome before but had made his mind up that he wanted an RMB 670. From what I can gather he is taking a year out and travelling Europe. I must complement him on his choice of vehicle to do just that in and look forward to hearing of his exploits. Am sure he will fit in nicely with those that travel and hope you will all give him as much assistance as possible with his new adventures.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
He is. I've been in contact with the fine gentleman about RMB's for a while now.

May have mentioned yours in passing....:winky::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back