LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Could you put a maximum font size for forum posts?. Extra large font widens the page for everyone else and spoils many threads. At least for me. :Smile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Could you put a maximum font size for forum posts?. Extra large font widens the page for everyone else and spoils many threads. At least for me. :Smile:

Things have moved on a bit since Windows 95.......::bigsmile::winky:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
But some of us need the extra large font so we can see what we're writing, but I see your point. It can be particularly irritating when using a large font and you're writing a long thread, or indeed a long reply, which necessitates the reader to continually scroll up and down the screen when he (or she) would otherwise not had to have done so. But in fairness we should always consider those of us whose vision is perhaps not so good as it used to be, or is impaired........
I’m sure most will agree.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
will almost definitely be solved in the new forum software:thumb:
the latest versions can be tweaked to work well on small tablet screens

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Couldn't agree more, also some photos make it too big as well on ipad, it just goes that small you can't read the other posts:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
pictures in posts do it for me.

Sometimes the accompanying text is so small it is practically invisible because the picture is far to large.

Admittedly guilty myself from time to time if i cant resize a pic but i do try first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
But some of us need the extra large font so we can see what we're writing, but I see your point. It can be particularly irritating when using a large font and you're writing a long thread, or indeed a long reply, which necessitates the reader to continually scroll up and down the screen when he would otherwise not had to have done so. But in fairness we should always consider those of us whose vision is perhaps not so good as it used to be, or is impaired.

You can increase the size on your computer without affecting everyone else. :thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
But some of us need the extra large font so we can see what we're writing, but I see your point. It can be particularly irritating when using a large font and you're writing a long thread, or indeed a long reply, which necessitates the reader to continually scroll up and down the screen when he (or she) would otherwise not had to have done so. But in fairness we should always consider those of us whose vision is perhaps not so good as it used to be, or is impaired. OOOOOHHH run out of down button pressure.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
BIG font.. isn't or shouldn't be a problem. The browser should adjust the line length to fit the width of the page.. but is it really necessary ?

as mentioned.. it's HUGE images that screw up threads.. must be a real pain on a 10" tablet..

Try voting UKIP .. Farage says he will fix everything :winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
BIG font.. isn't or shouldn't be a problem. The browser should adjust the line length to fit the width of the page.. but is it really necessary ?

as mentioned.. it's HUGE images that screw up threads.. must be a real pain on a 10" tablet..

Try voting UKIP .. Farage says he will fix everything :winky:

I see that the National Sewing Machine Collectors Party got in by a thread, Jim......::bigsmile::thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Try voting UKIP .. [HI]Farage says he will fix everything [/HI]:winky:

Is he going to Billthedrill's meet at the weekend?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst we're on the subject of how things look on threads/posts, I have the signatures turned off all the time as some of them are so long, have so much in them, pictures etc, that they make the length of the webpage massive and posts confusing to read ... shame as I'm sure I miss some interesting info that way, but I can't 'cope' with being distracted by them all the time. :RollEyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
[quote and posts confusing to read ... ][/quote]

Don't worry, it's an age thing......::bigsmile::winky:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
We shouldn’t knock large fonts too much. Though they may cause a little difficulty, small fonts can cause even more!!

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I do try and keep the pictures small, but sometimes the 'linked' ones are massive and its something that you cant control.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
[
Don't worry,[HI] it's an age thing.[/HI].....::bigsmile::winky:

I do try and keep the pictures small, but sometimes the 'linked' ones are massive and [HI]its something that you cant control.[[/HI]/QUOTE]

OOOOOOhhhh!!! Oooohhh!! It's the Urges, the URGES OOOOhhhh!!" I can't control:ROFLMAO:

Is it an Age thingee?:Sad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I do try and keep the pictures small, but sometimes the 'linked' ones are massive and [HI]its something that you cant control.[/HI]

OOOOOOhhhh!!! Oooohhh!! It's the Urges, the URGES OOOOhhhh!!" I can't control:ROFLMAO:

[HI]Is it an Age thingee[/HI]?:Sad:

Are you trying to kid us you can remember that far back? :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back