Western Ireland (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
We've just returned from a wonderful 2 weeks in Ireland - see the photo album I've saved in my profile - I've no idea how to add a link.

Lots of recommendations - send me a message if you're interested. I know lots of people are put off by the ferry prices - but our crossing from Rosslare to Pembroke was £99 (7.4m motorhome) .....worth keeping an eye out for special offers.

:thumb:

Attachments

• South of Waterville.jpg
    South of Waterville.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Glad you had a great time. The photo in your post was taken at one of my most favourite views in the world - you can see the beach at Derrynane and Cahirdaniel - and you seemed to be blessed with good weather too:roflmto:

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Roxie, we are in Cork in just over two weeks time, so very pleased to see your photos of Cobh, thanks.

Looked at Street View and see one end of the parking area (cruise ship dock end) has a locked gate, the other end appears to have a height barrier, is that right? if so how do you access the parking area?

Is there a time limit on parking here, we'd like to stay for 2 nights.

Did you stay at the camp site at Blarney too, looks as though it's the only one near to Cork.

Your photos have got us excited now...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for sharing your photos..

We've always fancied a trip to Eire but as you mentioned, ferry prices have put us off and it was a lot cheaper to hop over the Channel to France and beyond..

How did you find site prices.. and were there many places to camp off site ?

jim

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Great photos thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We've just returned from a wonderful 2 weeks in Ireland - see the photo album I've saved in my profile - I've no idea how to add a link.

Lots of recommendations - send me a message if you're interested. I know lots of people are put off by the ferry prices - but our crossing from Rosslare to Pembroke was £99 (7.4m motorhome) .....worth keeping an eye out for special offers.

:thumb:
Thanks for putting up the album Roxie, (and thanks to MoMo for the link).

Glad to see that you had a good time, and great weather with it. :thumb:

We had to cut our trip short in 2006, and like others, have found the ferry prices prohibitive, in comparison to Channel Crossings. :Sad:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Thanks for putting your photos up - where you have just been is on our 'bucket list' and for sure your album has inspired us to raise the game a little - SWMBO is currently researching ferries, times and sites etc.

Wow, Mannix Point looks like Bali........

Again, great photos and an inspiration.:thumb: Thanks.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back