Request for a MotorhomeFun memorial page (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We all want fun to go on forever and in many years to come I think it would be great if friends, family and funsters of all generations had something to look back upon.

I think it would be a fitting tribute to have a thread or even a separate webpage linked to motorhome fun where dedications to deceased funsters could be put so it is there for many hundreds of years to come.

What do others think?

Here is one of the examples I have come across, albeit relating to Hells Angels

http://www.hells-angels-rochester.com/memorial.htm

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
In one of the Biker clubs I am in, they have a Page/forum just a simple "REMEMBER"....

Where by any unfortunate passings and condolences are written .....

Seems to work well.... and over the years unfortunately has had a lot of entry`s posted...

No chit chat just a place for people to pay respect..

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The 'Darkside' had such a page and also one for pets,particularly dogs.
Mainly brain dead contributors!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
According to Jim around 10,000 phantom Funsters are now no more - that's going to be a hell of a big page.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
wouldnt work as an extra forum page.

it would get over run with reminiscences and shoot off at tangents.

would need to be a completely separate section and any submissions vetted and posted by just one or two appointed people to stop it becoming just another page to air your views.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I was thinking of something simple where people cannot "add" to it.

eg Picture, Funster name, membership number, real name, born died and a small paragraph perhaps either written in advance by the funster themself or by their family

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
In one of the Biker clubs I am in, they have a Page/forum just a simple "REMEMBER"....

Where by any unfortunate passings and condolences are written .....

Seems to work well.... and over the years unfortunately has had a lot of entry`s posted...

No chit chat just a place for people to pay respect..

Are you thinking of HDRCGB? we started that section when one of our region members died. It has been the best way to tell all the other members of the whole club.
I was the region rep then, still am, and even though you know someone very well, when you have a national club you can not know everyone that your mates know.
There have been huge turn outs at funerals, every one knows the details. Dont like looking at the section though, the average age of the club is getting older and older.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Are you thinking of HDRCGB? we started that section when one of our region members died. It has been the best way to tell all the other members of the whole club.
I was the region rep then, still am, and even though you know someone very well, when you have a national club you can not know everyone that your mates know.
There have been huge turn outs at funerals, every one knows the details. Dont like looking at the section though, [HI]the average age of the club is getting older and older[/HI].

but surely thats not a bad thing....it means fewer are being killed at a young age on the roads

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
[HI]There have been huge turn outs at funerals[/HI], every one knows the details. Dont like looking at the section though,[HI] the average age of the club is getting older and older.[/HI]

Didn`t want to name names.. But yes, that was what I was refering to..

Ron Buff`s funeral at Eastleigh last year is a prime example of hundreds showing their respects to a fabulous bloke and mate ..

And yes, we do get older... and have to give up the two wheels for what ever reason, but tis good to keep in touch..

Like this a great club.... :thumb:

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
but surely thats not a bad thing....it means fewer are being killed at a young age on the roads

Yes, it is a good thing, but I was really refering to most youngsters are not buying the bike to be able to join the club. Been a member of MAG for more years than I can remember, all for the training, education and but getting experience on the road is the only way to live longer.
Being able to spot the driver with a fag in one hand, phone in the other who is going to pull out in front of you stands you in good stead for living to a good age, but that goes for whatever your riding or driving.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Didn`t want to name names.. But yes, that was what I was refering to..

Ron Buff`s funeral at Eastleigh last year is a prime example of hundreds showing their respects to a fabulous bloke and mate ..

And yes, we do get older... and have to give up the two wheels for what ever reason, but tis good to keep in touch..

Like this a great club.... :thumb:

Are you going to Trojans this year? not sure if I will be able to ride there, might have to ask John the Organiser to allow four wheels.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp