Free Member
May 10, 2014
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2000
We paid a deposit for a van conversion on 5th December 2013 with estimated delivery the week ending 26th April. We had to make an interim payment of £20000 on 26th March to pay for the base vehicle,we still have the actual interior conversion balance to pay on delivery.
We had to insure the vehicle for 2nd May, we now have the DVLA registration form in our name - but no vehicle - even though it is taxed and insured. In effect, we perhaps own half a vehicle we can't use.

We are told that because the Reimo factory moved its premises, there is a delay in the roof/roof parts. We are not getting told when we will get the vehicle, only being told the firm get a delivery from Reimo on a Wednesday and Friday but no date for our parts being received by them. In the meantime we have no transport as we sold our car privately.

Is this only happening to us, what would other folk do.

Thanks.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know this is of little help but I am always wary of any business that asks for any money up front. My way of thinking is that they are running a business with other peoples money. I learned a long time ago never to pay for anything until I have it in my hand. Old school economics and all that stuff.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
In a word you are able to do as you please but you have a v5 in your name so you do appear to own a vehicle (V5 is not proof of ownership)
Next thing is to make sure your receipt for the 20k or what ever part of it states in full payment for vehicle reg No?? ?? ???
it really does matter if things ever go T**s up,
You need to be able to recover your property at any time you choose, if the receipt is generic ie just says part payment for converted vehicle the contract may not be complete then you could loose your monies and have to give up vehicle to say a receiver if the worst happens

Not a solution but i hope help full advise. At all cost legally secure ownership of the vehicle now:thumb:
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Reimo Consumer service UK
Tel. +44 1303 - 261062

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
There is no way that I would pay £20K in advance! What happens if the company goes bust or they do a runner?
As has been said already, you are funding their business with your cash.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

oldwrinkly

Free Member
May 10, 2014
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2000
No worries folks, we now have delivery of our vehicle and are pleased with it and glad to be mobile again. Have to say we are relieved. Thanks for the replies.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No worries folks, we now have delivery of our vehicle and are pleased with it and glad to be mobile again. Have to say we are relieved. Thanks for the replies.

Nice post.

Always good to have a bit of continuity to the story, pleased it worked out for you.

PHEW.

Martin

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Great news and outcome, i always dread reading them sort o stories, the thought of peeps parting with so much money and being ripped off sends shudders down my spine

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Great news, now pay your £10 and you will have an endless supply of advice, some good, some cheeky but always entertaining.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back