Anyone heading to Morocco at end of 2014?? (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Have seen many posts re the 2013 and 2014 expeditions but (maybe I've missed them) haven't seen anything on plans for later this year.
Curious to know if anyone' s going in that direction.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
For ourselves we prefer Christmas at home and then get away soon after, so it will be at least Jan 2015 for us... Some of the other previous 2013/2014 group like their time in Benidorm for Xmas and new year so assume they will be doing the same thing... No set plans as yet as thing can and do change...

There should be some of the guys over there and you may get some replies soon.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Currently considering our plans for next Winter.
If we go back to Morocco again it will be January as we will spend Christmas at home.
However after two winters in Morocco we are perhaps ready to do something different.
Plot up at Benidorm maybe (never done that before). Or maybe back to the Algarve again.
But the lure of reliable hot sunshine in Morocco is very strong.
Who knows?
We don't. Yet!

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
We're hoping to do Morocco in Jan for the first time, but not on our own, so we'll just keep posted and see what develops :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I am sure that there will be several motorhomes going to Morocco for the winter.

We hoped to go last year, but what with one thing and another, didnt get there.

Our plans now have to be that there is no plan, but if we can we will try and get down there this winter God willing.

I would say that once youre over there, big groups are hard to travel with, because Morocco is busy that time of year, and trying to find places to stay for more than 10 would be logistically hard to do. I know last year once people got the crossing and first few stops out of the way, the naturally splintered into smaller manageable groups.

We would gladly meet up with people for a couple of days, but we have a different objective to most, but love to socialize too.

Give it time, you have started the thread, and I am sure people will start to add their thoughts to it, and presto a 2014/2015 Morocco trip is achievable.

Pat

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I may be interested depending on my situation around that time, I can fit in with others plans to a certain extent, should you start a dedicated thread ?:thumb:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We plan to make the trip this year, unfortunately we had to pull out last year, got as far as Alicante and had to return home, family bereavement. This year we are currently planning to be in Benidorm early October then on to Morocco in January.:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi were hoping to go in jan would like to pick someone's brain about it

:Cool::Cool:

Just read the threads.
Morocco 2013 and Morocco 2014.. But get ready there is a lot of it...:Doh:
Gives you all the facts, pitfalls and laughs !!!!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We will definitely (Inshallah!) be going, mid-January most likely and would love to go with a group of Funsters again - only this time we will have an idea of what to do and would be quite happy to be one of the "dunitbefore" participants. Agree with Steve, read the threads for info; we think it went perfectly.

But as Tonka and MrMotorhome will tell you, it's quite a lot of work co-ordinating it all so I'm not offering just yet! Maybe we'll have a natter with some others at one of the upcoming meets; we're happy to pass on our experiences.

Terry

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
im hoping to spend a bit of time in warmer areas this winter. one of the reasons I joined the forum, to meet people who have been there and done that and would be willing to give advice or even let me tag along until I get street wise to the areas . im going to get to a few meets with that in mind to meet others who want to do or have already done it.
long way off yet but that's the plan... regards andy ::bigsmile:

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Marocco

We will definitely (Inshallah!) be going, mid-January most likely and would love to go with a group of Funsters again - only this time we will have an idea of what to do and would be quite happy to be one of the "dunitbefore" participants. Agree with Steve, read the threads for info; we think it went perfectly.

But as Tonka and MrMotorhome will tell you, it's quite a lot of work co-ordinating it all so I'm not offering just yet! Maybe we'll have a natter with some others at one of the upcoming meets; we're happy to pass on our experiences.

Terry

Be careful Terry likes to off road at times! in the camper!!
We plan to go about Jan 15th after Beni. :ROFLMAO:

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Jan 2015 looks good to us. Spain first,fly home xmas back in time to join in with the fun.

Will keep a look out for when a dedicated post is set up by someone clued up enough .

mojo

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
We are planning Spain/Portugal this winter and would like to take in Morocco
But I would be heading straight down to Taghazout /Agadir
Been and done all the other cities :Cool:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We intend to go this winter, probably Jan, so will keep an eye on upcoming threads as this will be our first time in Morocco.
Currently in Vienna, just getting ready to leave for Lake Bled, Slovenia.

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Morocco

Yes we are planning to go at the end of year or beginning of 2015.
Would be happy to tag along.
Malc:thumb:

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Morocco

Thanks to those who have made comments on our first post. With ref to those who do or want to start at Benidorm first, wise choice ! We have a static there and spend our winters on a very lively and sociable site. It is from there that we plan to start our trip to Morocco in January. We are people who love to travel and love our life, our base in Liverpool and of course Our base in Spain.

Ron and Jeanette

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
For ourselves we prefer Christmas at home and then get away soon after, so it will be at least Jan 2015 for us... Some of the other previous 2013/2014 group like their time in Benidorm for Xmas and new year so assume they will be doing the same thing... No set plans as yet as thing can and do change...

There should be some of the guys over there and you may get some replies soon.. :thumb:
hello steve and wife hope you are both fine we are good we are hoping to go again in jan we will see will look at the forums for 2015 marjohn::bigsmile:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
morocco costs

We have been going through our bank statements for the months we were away , Dec 8 to March 28 ,

Approx total costs £3,300
( plus solar panels / EGR Valve )

Approx breakdown of costs

Benidorm ,
17 days campsite , meals , drinks, shopping , etc £900

Morocco ferry £190

it worked out for us , from leaving home to home all fuel , food , campsite including 11 weeks in Morocco , £800 / month

if we had gone direct to Morocco this would have been around £500 / month ,

We used Halifax credit card ,
Total cost of interest charged for transactions ie , with drawing cash / fuel / spending for the 4 months was £15 for £ 2,135 of transactions and it worked everywhere , French tolls , Supermarkets and Fuel in EU and Morocco ,

But English £ still rule in Morocco better exchange rates than Euros , :thumb ,

A few suggestions ,
Make sure your tyres are really good,
carry a spare wheel,
get the MH serviced,
make sure you have plenty of Ferodo on your brake pads ,
get Morocco on your sat nav with GPS ,
Stick day glow strips to your mirrors ,

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going this winter ,:Cool:

Tecky138

Free Member
Oct 14, 2010
Christchurch
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi all, I've been motorhoming for 6 years or so and wanted to go to Morocco but not with my pet dog however he is no longer with us. We would love to join a group going to Morocco in the middle of January. Planning on a month or two in Benidorm before. We would welcome any advice and a possible meet up for the tour. We are currently working on a campsite in the Isle of Wight and plan on heading towards Spain in Oct/Nov

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
:cooler:
Have seen many posts re the 2013 and 2014 expeditions but (maybe I've missed them) haven't seen anything on plans for later this year.
Curious to know if anyone' s going in that direction.

Were anticipating taking the ferry from Newhaven (16 miles from us) first week of Jan providing there no sudden surprises:cooler:::bigsmile:

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
You still not forgiven me for having to drive in my dust then????
It was interesting !!! Still finding sand in all sort of places but the air filter New before going to Marocco was thick when I changed it. Look forward to seeing where we get on the next expedition.(y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Read up on the Morocco 2013 and 2014 threads, that will give you a good insite..
I have to wait for dark nights and cold weather before I start thinking of Morocco BUT Irene and me recon we can do it again...
Would love to get me Grandkids over there, so may work on that and fly them into Marrakech during half term...

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We won't be going for 2015 we have commitments
But we are defiantly going for 2016 god willing
Anybody thinking of going do it it's not difficult just make your plans and head south we had a blast on the 2014 run and made some good friends
We spent 4 and half grand in 3 months and I now know we could nearly half that on our next run

Do it life's too short

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Currently considering our plans for next Winter.
If we go back to Morocco again it will be January as we will spend Christmas at home.
However after two winters in Morocco we are perhaps ready to do something different.
Plot up at Benidorm maybe (never done that before). Or maybe back to the Algarve again.
But the lure of reliable hot sunshine in Morocco is very strong.
Who knows?
We don't. Yet!

Well we do now!
Decided we are definitely returning to Morocco in January, although it might be last week in Jan as we intend to take our time getting down to Algeciras thus time.
We are going clockwise this time and heading for the desert first. We will then go across to Agadir and then work our way back up the coast.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
There are most likely quite a number of "watchers" on this subject - including us. We're definitely going, probably mid-January, probably same direction as Makems.
Keep watching, somebody is sure to start a list...........

TerryL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back