Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
DUNFERMLINE
Funster No
MH
Auto-sleepers Nuevo
Exp
Since 2008
I have just had a 25000m service done on my peugeot boxer based auto-sleeper nuevo.

I was expecting the service light (an illuminated spanner) to be out after the service but its still on. The mechanic said it would go out in a few hundred miles. Its done around 24500 so far.

Is this normal - does it go out by itself after a certain mileage?

Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
what van is it? you can turn them off yourself on the older ones....In fact I think you still can on the newer ones. :thumb:

its a combination of things you do

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I have just had a 25000m service done on my peugeot boxer based auto-sleeper nuevo.

I was expecting the service light (an illuminated spanner) to be out after the service but its still on. The mechanic said it would go out in a few hundred miles. Its done around 24500 so far.

Is this normal - does it go out by itself after a certain mileage?

Dave

I reset mine manually, sorry I can't remember what I do but it is in the handbook. I will look it up tomorrow if no one has told you how before

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
The manual has something in it about resetting the spanner. You have to put the ignition key to a certain position (can't remember which) then hold down the trip reset button for 5 seconds. That is on a 2006 Boxer. I'll know if it works after I try it when I service the van.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
In my understanding most of electronic systems that monitor your engine sample the system each time they start.

If all is ok they do not show warning lights, even if a problem occurs some will not show a warning light unless it re-occurs for a few starts.

Some will show a warning light but if the next "set number" of starts do not show the same problem will switch the light off.

But I have never heard of one that switches a service light out. That is usually done by accessing the system with a computer and switching it off manually.

:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You paid for a service, resetting your service indicator should be a part of that. Use a better garage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Aethelric

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
DUNFERMLINE
Funster No
MH
Auto-sleepers Nuevo
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for all the suggestions folks but non of them worked. But the light went out by itself after a few hundred miles, as the mechanic said it would. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back