insurance with breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Had quite a good quote on the new M/H with caravan guard, also comes with Uk/ europe breakdown cover as well.
The breakdown cover is with/through,, INTER PARTNER ASSISTANCE.

Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of using this breakdown service.
The new m/h is a tag axle,and caravan guard say this is covered as they use a truck type recovery service.

I am with ADAC, which i had to nearly use in france this easter when the old girl would'nt start, Adac were sending out a recovery truck, but i managed to get it going(blown fuse).:Doh:
I was quite impressed with Adacs response, i just wish i had Adac france phone no.:RollEyes:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Had quite a good quote on the new M/H with caravan guard, also comes with Uk/ europe breakdown cover as well.
The breakdown cover is with/through,, INTER PARTNER ASSISTANCE.

Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of using this breakdown service.
The new m/h is a tag axle,and caravan guard say this is covered as they use a truck type recovery service.

I am with ADAC, which i had to nearly use in france this easter when the old girl would'nt start, Adac were sending out a recovery truck, but i managed to get it going(blown fuse).:Doh:
I was quite impressed with Adacs response, i just wish i had Adac france phone no.:RollEyes:

Then I heard about ADAC, which is the German version of the AA and biggest breakdown company in Europe. Even if you live in the UK for 97 euros you can sign up to thier Partner Plus scheme which covers you and your spouse for breakdown across all of geographic europe including countries bordering the Med (ie north africa). Not only that but you also get worldwide emergency repatriation cover in the event of a medical emergency.

There are no vehicle age restrictions by the look of it as it is the person who is covered not the vehicle.

Ok what are the catches I thought, well I dont speak German for a start - No problem, there is a special number 00 49 94 152 344 to call to join from the UK, the have an office with fluent english speakers who can sign you up on the spot if you pay by card.

i dont use but found this if it helps......:Smile:

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I am an Adac member, i was just wondering if the scheme from caravan guard was any good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
sorry thought you were after their number.....:Doh:
It's ok,
i tried to ring Adac france using the number on my card and got nothing, it was a bit of a farce going through the german offices to get in contact with Adac france,,,which you have to do.

and me having a yorkshire accent,, :roflmto:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
this will be my 2nd year with caravan guard .when i took out the first years policy with them [and before i had got any docs thru] i asked them over the phone to clarify what cover their european breakdown would provide in the event of my van becoming terminally kaput down in southern spain etc . i was assured that if need be, we would be recoverd back up to calais on a low loader, put on the ferry, where we would be handed over to a uk recovery truck for the journey back up to manchester ! this all sounded a good deal to me . however my renewel schedule has just come through and i notice there are now limits attached to the breakdown cover i think its something like £500 per incident. SO QUITE HOW FAR UP THE AUTOROUTE THIS WOULD GET ME IS ANYBODYS GUESS !!!

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Hmm,,i wonder if £500 is the same as Adacs, where there is a maximum cost to tow you to a nearby garage.
I will raise this point if i insure with them.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
When we needed assistance in Morocco , i called ADAC all i got was answer phone messages in German , we tried for an hour using all the numbers on the membership card ,:cry:

i contacted the customer services when we got back to the uk and emailed them all the info about the calls , times etc ( we used skype so all is recorded ), that was 8 weeks ago , :Eeek:

i have sent reminders about the complaint and still have not got a reply ,,,,,:cry:

we are with Safegaurd ins , free green card , unlimited trips abroad and mileage ,
works out a lot cheaper than some of the others where you pay for going over 6k miles , + £17 geeen card + more than x days out of the uk , etc :Smile:

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I did manage to get through to adac in germany at 3rd attempt,and speak to english speaking agent who put me through to adac france.
I even managed to ring back to adac france to cancel breakdown truck,,even though i had to go via german agent.

I just need to get adac france number.
regarding my op,,,, i was just wondering if anyone had used this inter partner assistance. i have noticed on some websites it says 3.5 t. but on caravan guard website it says no weight restrictions.
i suppose i'll have to ask them direct,

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back