Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Any one know of a good quality / reliable battery jump starter for our 2.7 engine. we keep our motorhome in storage and thought it would be a good idea to have one

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Any one know of a good quality / reliable battery jump starter for our 2.7 engine. we keep our motorhome in storage and thought it would be a good idea to have one

we have a battery jump start its only a chep one got from makro and we have used meny times on cars and vans naver had any problems:thumb:

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Hi
We just took one back to Makro it was the new one £59.00 +vat it would not start our motorhome and it was fully charged so we are looking for something better
Maureen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
You could always buy a spare battery and jump leads. I used to do this before you could buy cheap power packs.

Andy

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You could always buy a spare battery and jump leads. I used to do this before you could buy cheap power packs.

Andy

Always carry them on board.Just in case.:thumb:

Have 2 hefty batteries on-board, connected in parallel that I can use if required.

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
The majority of Jumpacks only have a small standby battery (17ah) with no official cranking rating.
They often quote an optomistic 900amp etc, this is a short circuit amperage if I remember correctly.
Some heavy duty ones have Odyssey batteries fitted, that will crank very well, but designed for daily use by garages etc.

Another option is something the Emergency services use, basically what American Dream has said, all it does is, if required, you press a button on the dash and the batteries are connected in parallel to enable jump start.
So you could have it connected with your Leisure battery/ies for emergencies.
Ludo McGurk Transport Equipment Ltd. give Ludo a ring, say Gareth says hello.

Personaly I would probably be looking at a solar panel to keep it topped up, provided your storage place has some natural light assuming it's indoors

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Bought ours for £20ish in Argos starts the Concord 6.2ltr V10 no problem :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The ones i have had have not lasted very long so invested in a long set of heavy duty jump leads.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bought mine from Maplin for under £20. It has started several motorhomes though not mine (touch wood). It also has a pump on it for tyres and blowing up the airides and a 12v socket for anything you might want to plug in, a most useful item:Cool:. The current model from Maplin looks exactly the same but is 3 times the price:shout:. Mine has lasted several years, I think it is because I always charge it up whenever its used, as it is a lead/acid battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back