Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
What's the best way of cleaning the front of a MH covered in splattered wee beasties with dashes of blood everywhere?

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Broken Link Removed
dont bother with anything dearer .

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Living in south west France we seem to be blessed with loads of wee beasties!!
I have found the easiest and cheapest way is to get a kitchen roll,separate the sheets,soak with water and stick on the affected area.Go and have a beer or glass of wine or two,when you get back lift them of with a swift wipe and hey presto,they will be gone,maybe or will look like they have :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use the wet wipes.

One idea I have seen but not tried;

As the worst effected area on my MH ( A class) is the engine cover, I have seen suggestion of covering it with clingfilm, then when you have travelled a few hundred miles and it is covered with the beasties, just peel it off and bin it.

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yup - rehydrate them with wet paper towels and then they scoop off with the towel. It works on mycycles, mycycle helmets and clothing too (trousers on the front of knees and shins, also front shoulders of jackets get quite knobbly with road kill bugs ! Utterly revolting, to think I was that close, so the MoHo is a doddle!

Upvote 0
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Fragrance/softener sheets that you use in the tumble dryer - wet them and rub over the area- really does work well. For more stubborn dried on beasties leave the wet sheet over the spot for a couple of minutes and they usually just wipe off.

Kath

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
What's the best way of cleaning the front of a MH covered in splattered wee beasties with dashes of blood everywhere?
Get yourself out there at first light with your extending soft brush and a bucket of water. The dew will have loosened them up nicely for you, so little effort is needed to remove from roof down to bumper. :thumb:

The neighbours (if any about) will think you are a nutter, cleaning your MH at that ungodly hour of the day. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Get yourself out there at first light with your extending soft brush and a bucket of water. The dew will have loosened them up nicely for you, so little effort is needed to remove from roof down to bumper. :thumb:

[HI]The neighbours (if any about) will think you are a nutter[/HI], cleaning your MH at that ungodly hour of the day. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

You mean they don't already Jock? :roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Old motorcyclists trick was to soak an old towel and keep it quite wet, lay it over the cack, go off and have a cuppa/pint/bottle/whatever, and when you come back, give it all a quick rub, and hey presto - all clean. Worked on visors, bodywork etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie

The neighbours (if any about) will think you are a nutter, cleaning your MH at that ungodly hour of the day. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

Live in a cottage with no neighbours.....could do it naked if I wanted......but I won't :)

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
APC. All Purpose Cleaner. Autoglym do an excellent one, but others are available.

You buy it in concentrated form and dilute to suit differing applications.

Works brilliantly on all manner of motorhome surfaces, from dirty tyres, carpets, upholstery to bug infested paintwork. Spray on and wipe off.

To avoid carrying around a huge container of the stuff (mine is bought by the gallon), I dilute into a handy spray bottle and refill as necessary at home.

Naturally, all motorhimists are as obsessive about motorhome cleanliness as I am. I take great comfort in knowing I'm amongst like-minded souls on here...::bigsmile:

Seriously, though. It works brilliantly and has multiple uses. Buy some.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
You mean they don't already Jock? :roflmto::roflmto:
No Graham, because they are never about........................when this nutter's out and about. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. We do have a Funster member, who has been known to go out in his Speedos, and wash off his MH whilst it is raining...........................and I kid you not. :winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back