Aerial for tv help and recommendations.... (1 Viewer)

Cookiedoodle

Free Member
May 3, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie since May 2014
Hi,
We have just purchased a 2007 Autoroller 700, and we negotiated a tv as part of the deal (2 children under 5 need Peppa Pig). Unfortunately, we were not canny enough to negotiate an aerial too, so I am looking for:
1) Advice as to the best type
2) do I need a digibox?
3) how easy are they to fit (I don't fancy drilling holes!)

We don't need access to Sky or loads of channels, but it would be nice to watch the news etc... We are on a limited budget, but don't want to waste money buying the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Avtex STH200 Broken Link Removed works well, no holes needed & around £40:thumb: Had status aerials in caravans in the past & none were any good - this little beastie is much better.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Peppa Pig.... Tell me about it!::bigsmile:

My 3 year-old daughter has watched her DVD's so often that she'll happily sit in front of the TV watching them whilst reciting the words as they play.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The TV will already have a Freeview tuner built in .. so no further boxes needed..

To get up and running try a domestic indoor aerial.. it will work where there is a reasonable signal.. look in Argos

A better aerial without drilling holes would be a 'caravan' aerial, some have suckers to stick to the side of the van.. most caravan shop have them..

If you decide to have one on the roof, the Status 550 Directional TV / Radio Antenna gets a good name.. but pricey at around £130

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use one of these its omni directional.Broken Link Removed
i made a 12v lead for it . works really good . can be inside or outside. its waterproof .

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If you are thinking about buying a 12v tv - this one is good value for money, great picture & dvd playback, ok sound, light for hanging on a tv bracket, low energy consumption, built in Freeview & PVR function so no digibox needed & have optional extended warranty http://www.finluxdirect.com/led-tvs...dm/invt/22f6072-dm&bklist=icat,3,shop,tvcombi
Not tried these but Finlux do these cheaper 19" http://www.finluxdirect.com/led-tvs...30-d/invt/19h6030-d&bklist=icat,3,shop,alltvs
or 22"
http://www.finluxdirect.com/led-tvs/22-tvdvd-combi-22f6072-d/invt/22f6072-d
if don't need it to be 12v
Tried Avtex 12v combi tv & although the tv was good the dvd playback was appalling so sent back & bought the Finlux which we are very happy with. Hope that helps...

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i use one of these its omni directional.Broken Link Removed
i made a 12v lead for it . works really good . can be inside or outside. its waterproof .

haha .. so you gave the bent coathanger away :roflmto:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i bought a pink polaroid tv from asda . no dvd but only cost 49 quid . this time last year. amazing value .
it as toned down now it really was bright pink. ha ha .

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
haha .. so you gave the bent coathanger away :roflmto:
. this mercury one is real good . i got recommended it by several truck drivers . they were right . had good tv all last winter when in spain .
diggi tv is great . look for language english default and we had english speaking tv almost all the way. not soaps but films and other programs . that antenna and the cheap asda deal made a very cheap tv setup.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have just bought one of the AVTEC ONES THAT WOMBLES HAS GIVEN LINK TO :thumb:(after reading recommends from others on here) and my man Paul who said I was wasting money is in his words very impressed :thumb:He said it's in a tin box it won't get a picture / it should get 138 channels(ish) it will be good if it picks up any -a min later and it had picked up all 138 :thumb: and he commented how he was very impressed ::bigsmile:and if he's very impressed that is really impressive in it's self :winky:-He mends tvs/comps and used to fit satellite/Ariels :winky:
terry

Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Avtex STH200 Broken Link Removed works well, no holes needed & around £40:thumb: Had status aerials in caravans in the past & none were any good - this little beastie is much better.

These are the best that I have ever found as well, no digi box req if Tv is digital BTW.
Recommend whole heartedly .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back