Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Hi, Does anyone know the best paint (spray) to et a match for the locker doors on a Starblazer. It was originally bought from Marquis. Some kind person has taken a sharp implement to the rear locker door. I have made good the scratch but cannot find a paint to blend.

many thanks

Joe

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Hiya, I have A "Starblazer", I would ring up Autocruise and ask where you could get some paint to match, as it is outside it will show if you don't match it up, there are some morons about, they are only happy when they are damaging things that don't belong to them!

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Starblazer paint

Hiya, I have A "Starblazer", I would ring up Autocruise and ask where you could get some paint to match, as it is outside it will show if you don't match it up, there are some morons about, they are only happy when they are damaging things that don't belong to them!

Hi, thanks for the reply, you are right it does show, whiter than white repair.:cry:
I have contacted Autocruise Customer service for an idea or if necessary a new infill panel.

thanks

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
I have a 2006 Starblazer: the 'conversion' part looks to be a fairly close, although not perfect, match to the Peugeot cab paint. Have you tried that?

The 'conversion' body may not be painted: it is fibreglass isn't it? I think: the white may just be the gelcoat colour and not painted.

hth

Harvey

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Starblazer paint

I have a 2006 Starblazer: the 'conversion' part looks to be a fairly close, although not perfect, match to the Peugeot cab paint. Have you tried that?

The 'conversion' body may not be painted: it is fibreglass isn't it? I think: the white may just be the gelcoat colour and not painted.

hth

Harvey

Hi Ingram,

Thanks for the idea, it is the gelcoat that I need to match up. The Peugeot cab paint is a "cleaner" colour than the panel. I have already tried but it stands out now as a brighter )although glossy and smooth )splodge in the midle of the panel. Arrrrrrgh!:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back