SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
When I first bought my motorhome and joined MHF, I naturally classed myself as a 'newbie' and soaked up the knowledge and words of wisdom, along with the humour and occasional 'bite' on some posts which turned into slanging matches, all part of the fun!

My question is, how long should I retain the title of newbie, could I possibly have progressed to the rank of 'advanced rookie' or is there a rank system in place? I am currently in possession of a beard now to try and add an air of maturity, and afternoon siestas have been added to my normal itinerary.

I throw myself at the mercy of my peers in the hope that I may, someday, move upwards from the bottom rung of the ladder.

Newbie:Sad:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
I suppose you are a Sophomore .......sounds a bit rude to me ...... I am a Freshman but Im a woman! :Eeek:

Surprised no one has anything to say ....... Suppose its like asking for a pay rise.
Any more suggestions?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
When I first bought my motorhome and joined MHF, I naturally classed myself as a 'newbie' and soaked up the knowledge and words of wisdom, along with the humour and occasional 'bite' on some posts which turned into slanging matches, all part of the fun!

My question is, how long should I retain the title of newbie, could I possibly have progressed to the rank of 'advanced rookie' or[HI] is there a rank system in place[/HI]? I am currently in possession of a beard now to try and add an air of maturity, and afternoon siestas have been added to my normal itinerary.

I throw myself at the mercy of my peers in the hope that I may, someday, move upwards from the bottom rung of the ladder.

Thankfully .. no rank system.. we are all newbies, Funsters.. and.... always learning.. :Smile:

as someone once said..

The key to success is to never stop learning.
The key to failure is to think you know it all. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

MH Model: Swift Sundance 630L
Years Motorhoming: Newbie, Feb 2013

Says it all:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Thanks all (including freshman, I like the American system)!

I know where you are coming from regarding learning all the time, I read a post on awnings yesterday and picked up three good pieces of advice! I have saved a lot of posts for when I get back to England, another thing I have picked up is, no matter how many things you buy for the van, alterations you make etc there are ALWAYS more toys to buy that you never knew about or considered. It's costing me a fortune but I love it!

Thanks again.

(still) newbie :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't think I ever called myself a newbie.

But then I do know it all and always have:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back