LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I bought a wireless one off Ebay. Can't remember price, about £45,I think. Been fine for almost 2 years. Sorry,no brand name.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Depends on your view of 'reasonable'. I had a hard-wired Camos system fitted a few years ago and it has been very good - about £400 including fitting. I was happy to pay for installation as I did not relish routing the cable and drilling the van.

There have been several reports of poor performance / interference relating to wireless models (although I accept that the previous poster has been satisfied with one). A search of Fun will show people's experiences and views on the matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There is a chap, David by name, who does all the shows who I would strongly recommend ..

Had maybe 5 or 6 systems off him in the past couple of years.. He is always extremely helpful and as honest as the day is long..

usually remembered for having a wee doggy wandering around on his stall's display !!

He trades under the name DRW Electronics.
His telephone number is 01562 752437, or mobile, 07887 996497.

His e-mail address is sales@drwelectronics.com

And the web site address is http://www.drwelectronics.com

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I had a long chat with this guy at the last show and I'd agree with you. However our discussion centred round the price of reversing camera kit from traders (such as himself) and the price of apparently identical stuff from China (via eBay). He was very honest about the reason: most people who buy from traders aren't able or willing to install the camera / monitor themselves. And if it proves to fail early in its life the same people demand, quite rightly, very good service from the trader. The higher price covers losses caused by the small number that fail and the cost of providing an excellent after-sales service (including 'home calls') if the buyer insists on it.

That said I bought a 7" mirror monitor and wired camera, identical in every way to those being sold at up to £400, for under £40 off eBay. But I had the hassle of installation (which I prefer as I have OCD neatness & engineering standards) and had the kit been DOA or failed soon after installation I might have had to buy another.

You pays your money ................... :Smile::Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But you can buy an AWFUL lot of £40 units for that £400 !!! LOL !!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In the immortal words of Chas and Dave... There aint no foolin you !!! LOL !!!!!

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I replaced my single Waeco system with a twin lens se up from .

Very impressed with the picture, excellent service when I had a problem, camera immediately replaced. Strongly recommended.

Mike

OP
OP
merovingian

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Well thanks to you all, I was kinda hoping to have someone recommend a make and model they found on ebay that does the job:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back