Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All,
We're travelling through the regions between Genoa and Ancona (and will have time to divert if worthwhile) in early June en-route to Greece.
If possible we'd like to take a copy of the 'Italian Aree di Sosta guida CamperLife' guide but this seems currently is out of stock (with Vicarious) - does anyone have a used copy that would be willing to sell please? :RollEyes:
Also, any recommendations for places to call into, stay a few days or just stopover along or close to the route would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
John and Diane
:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Pisa and Florence are Must Sees.

Riccione for some R&R.

The German Stellplatz book comes with a extra pan-Europe aires guide though nothing like as good as dedicated ones.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Pisa and Florence are Must Sees.

Riccione for some R&R.

The German Stellplatz book comes with a extra pan-Europe aires guide though nothing like as good as dedicated ones.

Many thanks for the advice Brian, we'll hopefully include your suggestions.
Happy motorhoming to you,

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Lots of Italian Sostas are logged in Camping Car Infos CAMPINGCAR-INFOS and you can download a POI file for the SatNav (download link next to each country in CC-Infos)
Also might be worth getting a printed copy of 'Camperstop Europe'.

Places to see: Lucca (walk round the walls), San Giminano, Siena (magical city - climb the campanile), Montepulciano.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Lots of Italian Sostas are logged in Camping Car Infos CAMPINGCAR-INFOS and you can download a POI file for the SatNav (download link next to each country in CC-Infos)
Also might be worth getting a printed copy of 'Camperstop Europe'.

Places to see: Lucca (walk round the walls), San Giminano, Siena (magical city - climb the campanile), Montepulciano.

Thanks Philip, managed to download the POI file quite easily - very useful site! - just need to figure out how to transfer the file onto my unhelpful TomTom now! :Angry:
Thanks for the tips on where to see as well, the itinerary is building nicely
:thumb:

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
If you have a sat nav here is a set of Sosta POIs I uploaded.. may be useful ..

Broken Link Removed
Italian Aires in a zip file with
CSV file
OV2 file
TSV file
WPT file
GPX file

also on a Google Map ( five pages)
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207590977793691629247.00047f05b3509fd1eebfd&msa=0&ll=43.149094,12.392578&spn=7.188733,16.907959

Great, many thanks Jim. I've also downloaded the POI's that Philip has suggested.
Just having tech problems copying the files to my TomTom memory card. It's formatted FAT32 which neither the iMac or PC seems able to read! We'll get there though.
Thanks again,
John

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Great, many thanks Jim. I've also downloaded the POI's that Philip has suggested.
Just having tech problems copying the files to my TomTom memory card. It's formatted FAT32 which neither the iMac or PC seems able to read! We'll get there though.
Thanks again,
John

Done!
That wasn't so techy after all!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back