unexpected respite break, need help on where (1 Viewer)

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Hi,
I'm caring for Brother in law with dementia and have just been offered a respite break in June (16th~26th) as his older sister is in UK for holiday and wants to see him :whatthe:
I'm disabled and solo (widowed and living the dream for us both) I need to stay where I can use EHU to charge my power chair.
Preferably somewhere with interesting Town/Village or railway station easily accessible from site in my chair as 21" motor home is to big to take out daily :RollEyes:
I'm with C&CC but have no idea (other than Moreton Dorset my usual stay) where to go.
I'm in Rainham Kent and trip to Moreton which should take me 31/4 hours takes me 6~6.5 hours. Ideally don't want to drive much more than that.
Would welcome any ideas as to places to visit please.
Lucy

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
What about Stratford, is that too far? If hook-up isn't available I'm sure that you would be able to plug into a gennie for a few hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hi I hope you have a lovely break to "recharge" your own batteries::bigsmile: you do a wonderful job that is very undervalued

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Definitely join us at the stratford motorhome show. They have a disabled area with about 90 electric hook up pitches so give them a call I am sure they can accommodate you, otherwise Dorset fun meet sounds good too. Both are not expensive

Good luck with your choice xxxxxxx

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Lucy

When you're through with Stratford, come on down to Oxford - not far away! The C&CC site there is very close to town, next to a park and ride, so easy access into the city. If you need any help I shall be around, only 1.5 miles away!

Best regards

Catherine

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Could you use CCC Folkestone? Super calming views over the English channel but I don't know if the scooter would cope with some of the terrain.

Driving into town is not much of a problem, although the drive down onto the site MIGHT put you off the first time you see it: however, loads of people do it on a regular basis.

Good luck - Gordon

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Would be wonderful to see you at Stratford .. there are plenty of us there to give you any help you may need in your much needed rest.:Smile:

OP
OP
LucyCaitlynW

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Hi Lucy

When you're through with Stratford, come on down to Oxford - not far away! The C&CC site there is very close to town, next to a park and ride, so easy access into the city. If you need any help I shall be around, only 1.5 miles away!

Best regards

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for this, it would be great to meet you :Smile:

OP
OP
LucyCaitlynW

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Could you use CCC Folkestone? Super calming views over the English channel but I don't know if the scooter would cope with some of the terrain.

Driving into town is not much of a problem, although the drive down onto the site MIGHT put you off the first time you see it: however, loads of people do it on a regular basis.

Good luck - Gordon

Thanks for this :Smile: Hoping to make Folkstone CCC in Nov for Foster Mum's 75th Birthday.
Was concerned on reading reviews but will def go for it now and give her
a surprise :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
LucyCaitlynW

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Would be wonderful to see you at Stratford .. there are plenty of us there to give you any help you may need in your much needed rest.:Smile:

Thanks Movan,
Can't make Stratford (will be at Detling)
Hope to meet you somewhere :Smile:

OP
OP
LucyCaitlynW

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Many thanks for the help and kind words here, greatly appreciated :Smile:
I've managed to get some extra days and so I've decided to go to Pembury for 4 nights of luxury, then to Hereford for 7 nights to explore and enjoy the peace. Finishing with Oxford for 4 nights exploring.
I'm afraid that Stratford & Dorset were both a little too big at the moment :Blush: (will be at Detling) since being widowed I live alone and can get a bit overwhelmed by lots of folk (though I'm sure your lovely). Also need down/Me time to refresh the batteries before returning home.
I'm working on regular breaks until, I'm needed full time so hope to make
other rallies ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back