tyre pressures (1 Viewer)

simontheturk

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Funster No
Hi can anyone through any light on this question...just had 4 new tyres continental camper tyres fitted
215/70/r15 psi on side wall says 69psi but inside front door says front 72 rear 79
Tyre company didn't know either.thankyou in advance

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
confused as to what the question is

if its which pressure to go by, basically use the ones on the pillar till you know axle weights then use the table available in downloads. the max pressure on the tyre is relevant in the us only apparently. the fiat pressures are based on max load constantly but the tyre manufacturers will give a more precise pressure based on actual weight

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Hi can anyone through any light on this question...just had 4 new tyres continental camper tyres fitted
215/70/r15 psi on side wall says 69psi but inside front door says front 72 rear 79
Tyre company didn't know either.thankyou in advance
Continental's recommended pressures chart shows pressures ranging from 3 to 5.5 bar for those tyres, depending on which axle & what axle load.

If you quote the max allowable weight for each axle I can tell you what the pressures should be for maximum load, which will give you an idea until you get a chance to get to a weighbridge. You should find those on a metal plate somewhere.

I can tell you that Continental's recommended pressures are lower than what is in the doors, unless you are allowed over 2 tonnes on each axle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back