Tank dipped (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just had a knock on the door looked out side road fuel testing unit we have information the you are using refund fuel in your vehicle not to my knowledge says I
Any way there out there dipping my tank and I know who it was but she can be as smudge as she likes
theirs no read or hating oil in my van just bio and I had just changed the filter this morning to I handed him that to
:Angry:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
you must have some lovely neighbours if they do that to you......:Sad:
just gown to make the nice costumes guy's a nice cup of tea people who live in glass house should not throw stones I don't have nothing to worry abut::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
thave gone but not before taking a victim the next door Nabors car is getting lifted it did not look like read :Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
So some nasty dipstick tried to fix you and someone else got done. Let em know who it was :thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Was walking down our road yesterday and noticed 2 cars have had Nitromors paint stripper thrown over them, really made a mess of the 63 reg fiat 500 and also a black car parked in the road. Happened over night Sat/Sun

I think both cars are owned by the same family so possibly a feud of some form.

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
I have been dipped three times now, but never in the motor home. As I make my own biodiesel[the legal 2500ltr allowance] I get some funny looks sometimes when I have to take a couple of extra cans full. Thing is, when you make it from such as chinese or indian waste oil, it can look a bit like red when its in the drum. The customs guys do catch a lot on red diesel though, and people dont realise that the vehicle can be seized, and a fine up to £5000. The harsher penalties seem to go to the haulage guys, but cars do get seized and release costs soon mount up till you have the paid the fine, which is usually £500. Thing is, often the red diesel has been stolen from building sites etc aswell.

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
Oil ratio

Hi billthedrill
What ratio of veg oil to diesol do you put in?

Thanks Sammy:thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I bought a Mitsubishi Shogun diesel in 2000, I kept it for a year, using regular diesel, then gave it a service. When I took the fuel filter out, it was dyed red.
Someone had been a bit naughty prior to my ownership........
Allan

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

After reading the above it makes me glad that both our vehicles (the car and the 'van) have both got lockable filler caps.

It would be sooooooo easy to mix someone a powder, put in some red diesel and then report the owner. How would you talk your way out of that one?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Always beats me why they never go around the Itinerant camps checking diesel - they would be guaranteed a 100% success rate there but always drive by - funny that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Was walking down our road yesterday and noticed 2 cars have had Nitromors paint stripper thrown over them, really made a mess of the 63 reg fiat 500 and also a black car parked in the road. Happened over night Sat/Sun

I think both cars are owned by the same family so possibly a feud of some form.

:Eeek:how do you know it was Nitromors?:Doh:

Vlad the suspicious

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
Always beats me why they never go around the Itinerant camps checking diesel - they would be guaranteed a 100% success rate there but always drive by - funny that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We did - but we had to have a van full of chaps around the corner just in case.
If it was red, the customs guys would then think of a financial number which the Itinerant would say he didn't have, but once the wrecker arrived to lift the vehicle a large wad would appear, and dues would be paid.

Funnily enough it was generally this "persecution" that was enough to make the camp move on.

Regards

Arthur:thumb:

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Just had a knock on the door looked out side road fuel testing unit we have information the you are using refund fuel in your vehicle not to my knowledge says I
Any way there out there dipping my tank and I know who it was but she can be as smudge as she likes
theirs no read or hating oil in my van just bio and I had just changed the filter this morning to I handed him that to
:Angry:

Hi i think the customs men used my motorhome to visit you,:ROFLMAO: as the sat nav is frozen on Bridge St in Goole.
Thing is not been there with the motor home? it did it when on the way back through France.:Eeek:
Back to Brownhills to sort next week:Eeek: Yes its a new Autotrail.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back