Trisha

Free Member
Mar 9, 2014
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
We are hoping to take out motorhome to France, Belgium, Germany, Austria this summer. I have an iPhone with a 3 contract and an iPad. Can anyone give me any advice on the cheapest way to have daily access to the internet for email, Facebook and Google? :Confused:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
asked same question last week got some great advice,,,,have a look on my post.....:thumb:i bought a modem with sim.....

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we are off in 2 weeks same route but then to italy after austria i have a europasim and will be testing that on route so look for my report about it when i return :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Just back from 2 months in Spain and used a Europasim from motorhomewifi in a Huwaei mifi, works extremely well at a cost of 3€ a day on those days that you log on.

Mike

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just back from 2 months in Spain and used a Europasim from motorhomewifi in a Huwaei mifi, works extremely well at a cost of 3€ a day on those days that you log on.

Mike

So that would be €21 per week. €90 to €93 per month. Way too expensive. Although the data allowance is very generous.

In Spain I will buy a "Ballena bundle" It costs €12 for 1 Gb of data plus 1,000 texts, and calls are cheap. Valid for 30 days. So as long as I am not downloading videos and stuff, just a bit of facebook and some forums, that would be €12 per month.

No brainer really, if like me you want to access the internet every day. And I can stick that in my mobile phone, and set up a mobile hotspot on the phone, so I don't even need the mifi box, saving that expense too. :Cool:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If internet and phone is important to you while you are away perhaps you might want to change your destinations to one that Three cover for free.:winky:
Three "Feel at home" option
"As a Three customer of Three, you can use your UK plan allowance or Add-on allowance, just as if you were at home, to call and text the UK and get online right across the USA, as well as in Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Macau, the Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka and Sweden.":Smile:
edit: Just noticed that Austria is already a destination

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
So that would be €21 per week. €90 to €93 per month. Way too expensive. Although the data allowance is very generous.

In Spain I will buy a "Ballena bundle" It costs €12 for 1 Gb of data plus 1,000 texts, and calls are cheap. Valid for 30 days. So as long as I am not downloading videos and stuff, just a bit of facebook and some forums, that would be €12 per month.

No brainer really, if like me you want to access the internet every day. And I can stick that in my mobile phone, and set up a mobile hotspot on the phone, so I don't even need the mifi box, saving that expense too. :Cool:

the europasim only charges for the days u use it so to say it will be e90 a month is misleading as most site will have wifi and you can cross borders with it the op wants to know best sim for various countries not just spain and for internet they did not mention mins and txt so for thier needs i would recommend a europasim :Smile:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.

Good luck with the Orange set up!!!!!!! We bought that in France and Spain last year, can't get 3G outside of towns and cities :Angry: Eventually threw it away and bought HITS Sims which work perfectly in both Iphone and Ipad. :thumb:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good luck with the Orange set up!!!!!!! We bought that in France and Spain last year, can't get 3G outside of towns and cities :Angry: Eventually threw it away and bought HITS Sims which work perfectly in both Iphone and Ipad. :thumb:

Thanks for that! I had a look at their web site. Looks good! o you have a recommendation for France?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for that! I had a look at their web site. Looks good! o you have a recommendation for France?

I have and use an SFR Mifi, from memory it was 39euro for 30 days or 4GB, I think. Remember that in France they dont use GB for Gig Byte, they use GO (got caught on that one). I also use Toggle Sim for my calls in France and Spain, £5 for the card and then its free to receive calls and 3ppm to make calls to UK landlines. The second beauty is that when you register in the UK you get an UK number, you then register it on France and get a French number, Spain etc... So the calls are charged at a local rate..

The 'inhouse' expert is Adi, from IBoost,

Lastly, I did notice that when I had run out of credit on my SFR Mifi, it still allowed me to use SKYPE regardless, not sure if that still works..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back