sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Do the dome satalite systems work in france etc or is a mobile dish better,?,,dont want to pay out a grand if it wont work in certain places.....:Sad:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Cannot help you very much with details of a dome but our 80/85 cm Mobilsat dish started working just fine on our way back from Spain as soon as we got past Biaritz and then all the way up France

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Simple answer is yes, but, as with any setup depends on obstructions etc.
We had a free standing tripod system for many years and in general it was great, apart from providing a floorshow for all the other campers as i set it up.
Decided on a dome and for a while carried the old system with us just in case! never used so sold on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Should have mentioned we have the Roadpro 40cm setup and had no problems as far down as the Med. A few weeks to go and we shall see how it fares in Spain ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tis also worth considering that while a dome looks nicer than say an Oyster, they are no where near as efficient ( in the words of Scotty, Ye canna beat the laws of physics cap'n ) and they are actually far worse for fuel consumption

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
smaller dishes or dome systems are great to get uk tv in the uk but since the satellite changes a few months back, nowhere near big enough to get a decent signal anywhere below northern france. what worked just after christmas may no longer get a signal from 28.2 as the beam is now more focused to the uk. strangely though as some HD channels are on another satellite in the same area, you can get a good signal for these on the Mediterranean coast area

even a huge dish wont help in spain and portugal now though and the size needed makes them impractical for touring

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Tis also worth considering that while a dome looks nicer than say an Oyster, they are no where near as efficient ( in the words of Scotty, Ye canna beat the laws of physics cap'n ) and they are actually far worse for fuel consumption

the Oyster coming in at £1800 pounds,,,or have i got wrong one ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back