sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Why do i have to send photo ID to activate my sim ? Has anyone else done it ? and is it safe to send the ID? i know it says its destroyed after used...:Sad:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I had to scan my passport, they would not accept a driving license I presume the ID is for security registration purposes.
We are in France and can only say that the times we have used the card in our mifi the speed has been impressive. :Smile:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Why do i have to send photo ID to activate my sim ? Has anyone else done it ? and is it safe to send the ID? i know it says its destroyed after used...:Sad:

Well, that rules out that product then :Angry:

I'll buy a pay as you go sim when I arrive in France, and another when I arrive in Spain. It's way cheaper any way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Well, that rules out that product then :Angry:

I'll buy a pay as you go sim when I arrive in France, and another when I arrive in Spain. It's way cheaper any way.

They are still likely to want a copy of your passport so remember to take it with you when you go to buy your sim.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996

Because it is EU law and the SIM is from Vodafone Italy. I sent my ID in January, not had any problems with that, and the SIM worked extremely well in a Huawei mifi, wouldn't be without it!

Mike

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sent my id to motorhomewifi end of last year, have not had a problem but just met the twin brother I didn't know :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Because it is EU law and the SIM is from Vodafone Italy. I sent my ID in January, not had any problems with that, and the SIM worked extremely well in a Huawei mifi, wouldn't be without it!

Mike

They don't ask for ID in the UK when you get a pay as you go sim, only if you get a contract. I understand the europa sim is a contract sim - you are charged for each day that you connect yeah?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back