slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Hi GUYS

My insurance company has said that if i join One of the clubs i will get a decent discount, so far there's the caravan club, the camping and caravaning club,and the gay caravan club!,

Has anyone any idea whats best? I'm not one for joining clubs and stuff but don't want to just spend money to join i'm looking for a bit of vaue and one which will benefit my motorhome.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi GUYS

My insurance company has said that if i join One of the clubs i will get a decent discount, so far there's the caravan club, the camping and caravaning club,and the gay caravan club!,

Has anyone any idea whats best? I'm not one for joining clubs and stuff but don't want to just spend money to join i'm looking for a bit of vaue and one which will benefit my motorhome.

We're members of both the CC and the CCC for the CL's and CS's. As for the Gay Caravan club I suppose it depends on your preferences. :thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Have you tried saying you are member of MHFun as I though some of the insurance companies gave disscounts to some of the members of web site's, if you look at the advert down the right handside from (IC) don't they offer disscounts to MHFun Memebers

Hi GUYS

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoe68

Free Member
Feb 14, 2008
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly 3
I'm a member of the CC&C the rules are relaxing, the THS are fantastic and the district association weekends are brilliant. I'm not sure of what discounts you get though.

Zoe

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
wow, love the outfit !

i am with caravanguard, you get free european recovery with them and if you have tracker then its a pittance ! the CC quoted just over a grand ! i fell about laughing, but caravanguard only wanted £320, so with the recovery that's a good deal for an 8 metre MH also protected no claims ! but its your choice ! with your cunning outfit perhaps the gay club might suffice ! ! ! ! :ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
we are in the CC only due to the excessive discount it gave on insurance once members. You could just say that you intend to be members to get the quote and then when you have the quote make your mind up.

OP
OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Another dig at theuniform and the federation !!!!

We are locating your whereabouts beam you up and give you a good probing then feed you to Jabba the Hutt AKA John Prescott

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Another dig at theuniform and the federation !!!!

We are locating your whereabouts beam you up and give you a good probing then feed you to Jabba the Hutt AKA John Prescott

????????:ROFLMAO: not been on the wine gums have we?

OP
OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Noooooo mind you i just joined the Self Build Motor Caravanners Club, i now get my great quote and discount Hurrrayyy

Up the Klingons

bsb2000

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
Barlby, Selby
Funster No
We are in both CC, & C&CC find them both fine but with C&CC if you're a member of the RAC they'll upgrade your breakdown cover to include your Motorhome F.O.C !! great seeing as the very competative insurance quote I got wanted about £60 for optional breakdown cover.

Ian

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Motorhome fun is acceptable to Adrian Flux if you are insuring through them.

We queried it with them because we didnt want to belong to a caravan club when we had a motorhome. They said Motorhome fun would satisfy their "club membership"

OP
OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
It was Adrian Flux i went too, also got their breakdown cover at £75 it's a bargain,

Would love to go and get the Klingons removed from my starboard bow but too busy too take the time of :)

OP
OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Hi Guys

Spoke today with Adrian Flux and they told me that to get the discount on my insurance then the only one they would accept was the Motor Caravaners Club

Not too bothered but i had joined the SBMCC as they told me initially it would be ok but they checked up and said NO WAY.

My motorhome is 8250cc and 40 foot long so happy to pay the £75 unrestricted breakdown insurance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back