Which county has the worst drivers? (1 Viewer)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well my vote goes to Essex. It's 5 miles from my house to where I store my van, 3 roundabouts and one traffic priority. Taking my van back I was cut up on 2 roundabouts and the traffic priority :groan:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well my vote goes to Essex. It's 5 miles from my house to where I store my van, 3 roundabouts and one traffic priority. Taking my van back I was cut up on 2 roundabouts and the traffic priority :groan:

I was going to say the UK but you beat me to it. On a more serious note the Gulf States can be interesting. The UAE has the added factor that on a Friday night quite a few of the drivers are pickled. Have met trucks driving down the wrong side of a dual carriageway at night in Saudi Arabia because it had a better surface than the other carriageway. I also lost two friends in separate road accidents on that same stretch of the road, known as the TAP-line in the first Gulf War.

So on reflection the UK is not so bad!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That sounds like a high number of similar situations. Are you sure that it was not your own driving that was upsetting other road users.:winky:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I'm afraid to say Norfolk, cuz we're only just getting used to these new fangled automobiles.! :ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's not the counties, it's drivers, once the test is "passed" the highway code is out of the windows, signals on roundabouts (not effin islands !!) are ignored et al !

I despair ! only today I was hooted at and given the finger for abiding to the 30 limit ! Needless to say it was a 4 wheel drive Wabbit !!:Angry::Angry::Angry:

I was in a car, not the MH. :Doh::Doh::Doh:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I'm afraid to say Norfolk, cuz we're only just getting used to these new fangled automobiles.! :ROFLMAO:

It was DawnB M'Lud.:ROFLMAO:

Dawn B on Holiday:Blush:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Coming back home 2 days ago the vehicle in front of me was driving a foot over the centre of the road no obstructions or potholes near the kerb, cars coming up the hill towards us missed him by an inch or so and he never flinched. I flashed him to stop, and hooted the horn, after a mile he pulled over into a cemetery (practice run I think), he eventually stopped. He was in his Eighties if not older. I told him he was no longer fit to drive and a danger to himself and others that it was time to turn in his licence. He told me I was wrong and none of my business. He went on his way and when I got home I reported the matter to the police, I doubt they will do anything.
The trouble is too many people think they are fine and everyone else is wrong or a danger. I hope I see the signs and surrender my licence when I am unfit to drive on the public highway.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Try Tilbury essex differant rules to the rest of the world

No indicators
Many hand signals ( never seen in Highway Code )
Horse and traps anytime
Rubbish falls out the windows
Music must be loud
All taxis hail passengers with their horns
M/ cycles not registered( mini track off-roaders bikes )
Along with quad bikes

And you wonder why I want to move

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Gwent without a doubt is the worst. mainly the drivers are psychopaths trying to force their way through and destroy all others or old codgers that are oblivious to everything including traffic lights and give way signals. the only place I can think of that you expect somebody to drive into you then just carry on as if nothing happened.

a few weeks back I was in my Navara and a car jumped a red light, hit my door mirror, smashing it and never even hesitated, just went on their oblivious trail of destruction. I was there visiting an elderly relative who lives in a quiet area with mainly old folk. literally every car in the carpark and on the roads around her estate were dented, scratched and bits hanging off:Eeek:

the worst time of day to be on the roads is around school drop off and pick up its dreadful. so certainly not just old farts

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Purgatory

Gotta be the worst place, its full of people who drove too fast and too poorly to stay out of the place....................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back