LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
As some of you know, I had a water leak in the Motorhome where one of the connectors was leaking. At the time I was away without any spareconnectors. However I managed to use one of Nikkis sanitary towels and they make great water soakers for small leaks :thumb:

They soak up so much water it's unreal, not sure about Tena ladies but I will always keep so,e sanitary pads in the van for emergencies :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Did you never drop one in your mates pint :ROFLMAO:
Miss spent youth :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They only work with blue water. Seen it on the telly. :Doh:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Top tip.. :thumb:

Impressed, you must have more than 25 years experience with said towels.. :winky:

Yea, he served an apprenticeship with PHS Washrooms........::bigsmile:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As some of you know, I had a water leak in the Motorhome where one of the connectors was leaking. At the time I was away without any spareconnectors. However I managed to use one of Nikkis sanitary towels and they make great water soakers for small leaks :thumb:

They soak up so much water it's unreal, not sure about Tena ladies but I will always keep so,e sanitary pads in the van for emergencies :thumb:

I always keep them and similar items in the first aid kit, very useful for serious lacerations! Never be without a good first aid kit!!!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I always keep them and similar items in the first aid kit, very useful for serious lacerations! Never be without a good first aid kit!!!!

SERIOUS LACERATIONS?? :Eeek::Eeek: You'd at least need a severed jugular to require one of those!!
If it was just a nose bleed, try a tampon..........:Doh:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
SERIOUS LACERATIONS?? :Eeek::Eeek: You'd at least need a severed jugular to require one of those!!

As I said in my post "....and similar items...." but as you mentioned them, yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. :RollEyes:

You would be amazed at how badly a wound can bleed - those pads are perfect. Not surprising really! lol

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As I said in my post "....and similar items...." but as you mentioned them, yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. :RollEyes:

You would be amazed at how badly a wound can bleed - those pads are perfect. Not surprising really! lol

Sorry, I was thinking 'similar items' as Elastoplast........:Doh::Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes they are very good for wounds of all types. When hubby had severe (2nd degree) sunburn in France with horrendous blisters on his ankles and feet, they were great as sterile dressings - much better, and more comfortable, than normal 'thin' dressings and a heck of a lot cheaper too!:Smile: I always have them in the MH with me just for first aid emergencies and have used them (and panty liners) for our dogs when they've cut themselves especially Romy who is prone to bashing/breaking her dew claws as she gets overly excited on holiday. :Doh:

Whist we're talking about pets ... we'd just had new carpets laid throughout when our little Lily came on heat so I used some baby vests (the type that have press-studs underneath) and cut a hole in for her tail to go through, then used sanitary towels for her ... worked a treat as it prevented any mess and stopped her licking and making herself sore too ... just had to remember to take the vest off her when she wanted to go out for a wee or it could get a bit soggy! :RollEyes:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Way too much information:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Condoms..

Another top tip...

To protect vulnerable electrical relays and the like under the bonnet of the van.. pull a condom over .. preferably unused.. :winky:

Broken Link Removed
We used them extensively off shore in the oil and gas industry to protect electrical/electronic kit from the salt air

P1030425Medium.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Returning from leave, we used to blow them up like balloons, tie the end off, (not easy), and let them float free in train corridors. That caused much merriment..........::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Thus confirming my theory Paul that you are only two letters from being
a cult.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Think we just need a few doggies Anal glands that want squeezing and this post is complete:Doh:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Think we just need a few doggies Anal glands that want squeezing and this post is complete:Doh:

Hmmm yes you can get that done now too, but not sure it's a top tip unless it reduces the likelyhood of being gassed

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Returning from leave, we used to blow them up like balloons, tie the end off, (not easy), and let them float free in train corridors. That caused much merriment..........::bigsmile:
Leave clearly not gone as well as hoped then. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Funnily enough ... as we're talking about ways to utilise stuff not meant for that purpose ... the free plastic gloves you get at petrol stations are ideal for when you have to give your dog's rear a good squeeze ... ::bigsmile: However, if you need to go 'deeper' I wouldn't trust them for that! :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Not a good look though:Doh:

Nah, chips as in "A Fish Called Wanda"! :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back