At last the big day dawns, well almost!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Tomorrow is the day I have been dreaming of for so long now, I finished work 2 weeks ago and Glynn did his last day at work today so tomorrow we are off, no waiting!! ::bigsmile: Herman Junior is loaded ready for the journey, we have been given champagne, wine, brandy and lots of Euros as leaving presents so we will be fine :ROFLMAO: We will start off by spending a week near Mont St Michel while we get used to the idea of what we are doing and then we will spend a few weeks working our way to the South of France ready for the TDF in July. After that who knows...... wherever the fancy takes us and the sun is shining :Cool: Hope to bump in to plenty of Funsters along the way :thumb: I will try to update the blog as often as I can with our adventures and here's hoping there aren't too many additions to the Learning Curve tab :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Good luck and have a fantastic time, I know you will. Hope to see you on the road sometime next year.

Hope you keep posting on here as we need help naming our new van. Colin has refused to let me call it 'Dora the Explorer' :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
You have worked / planned :helpsos: asked questions now :party2::france: now it's your time to enjoy it all, keep us posted on your adventures I am sure you will have many. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Good luck and have a fantastic time, I know you will. Hope to see you on the road sometime next year.

Hope you keep posting on here as we need help naming our new van. Colin has refused to let me call it 'Dora the Explorer' :ROFLMAO:

I think that's a brilliant name, so appropriate :thumb: definitely will have to meet up on our travels :thumb::thumb: Don't think I will get much sleep tonight, feel a bit like a kid at Christmas!! ::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
You'll both have a great time, we hope to catch up with you some time. Will be watching your blog with interest. Not sure where you will be end of June / beginning of July but we'll be in southern Brittany. :thumb:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Good luck and enjoy,,,,we will be over in france from july 19th,,heading down and around Brittany,so we might see you....:fatbuddha:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
You'll both have a great time, we hope to catch up with you some time. Will be watching your blog with interest. Not sure where you will be end of June / beginning of July but we'll be in southern Brittany. :thumb:

We are meeting Carol & Peter in the Pyrenees around the middle of June and we want to be in Carcasonne for The Bastille day fireworks on 14th July so it sounds like we are going to be further south than you but keep in touch with where you are as we would love to meet up again :thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Congratulations, and enjoy your new life! We'll hope to see you sometime when you are meandering through France - you will often meet other Funsters here (especially as we have some who are here more often than not!), and you will get a warm welcome.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh lucky you. No wonder your excited. Reading posts like yours just makes me wish I too could retire and go off exploring places.

Enjoy your time away, stay safe and have fun, and post plenty photos for all of us back here.:Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Congratulations, and enjoy your new life! We'll hope to see you sometime when you are meandering through France - you will often meet other Funsters here (especially as we have some who are here more often than not!), and you will get a warm welcome.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Will definitely be coming to see you, have already marked you on my map ::bigsmile: and I have the picture of Jim that will get me the Funster discount :ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Tomorrow is the day I have been dreaming of for so long now, I finished work 2 weeks ago and Glynn did his last day at work today so tomorrow we are off, no waiting!! ::bigsmile: Herman Junior is loaded ready for the journey, we have been given champagne, wine, brandy and lots of Euros as leaving presents so we will be fine :ROFLMAO: We will start off by spending a week near Mont St Michel while we get used to the idea of what we are doing and then we will spend a few weeks working our way to the South of France ready for the TDF in July. After that who knows...... wherever the fancy takes us and the sun is shining :Cool: Hope to bump in to plenty of Funsters along the way :thumb: I will try to update the blog as often as I can with our adventures and here's hoping there aren't too many additions to the Learning Curve tab :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well done you two. Have a great time. :thumb:

I've been trying for some years now, to persuade Rita to get rid of the "work shackles", but so far, I have failed miserably. :winky:

Follow your dream, but remain safe doing so. :thumb:

Happy travels,

Jock.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
And we're off ::bigsmile:riving2: a huge thank you to you all for turning us from complete beginners a year ago to confident enough to embark on this adventure :thumb:

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Coolbeanz,

We will be in the same boat as yourselves very soon. I pack it in on 16th May and Lynne will finish on 1st August, we can't wait to join you but will probably do our shakedown trials in the UK first.

Up to now out little 5.7M camper has been known as TC (the camper) but our near neighbour has christened it the Minibago.................

Good luck on your trip; live every day to the full, you have earned it.

The Tinca's

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year

Hope you keep posting on here as we need help naming our new van. Colin has refused to let me call it 'Dora the Explorer' :ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

Good luck Coolbeanz, hope you have some great adventures.:thumb::thumb:

He he!! mine is" Dora the explorer," couldn`t be anything else really,
taken from the no. plate:ROFLMAO:

Margaret

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Have a great time,
Enjoy whatever you want.
I wish you a very happy journey.

all the best

Mel & Lieve

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Good luck to you both and safe and fun travels.

Pat and Neil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back