Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Attention Funsters going to Carmarthen show.

Mr + Mrs Micky Drip invite you to a get together to prove or not that you really can`t tell the difference between Irish Mist and the real thing.
Free tasters on Friday 5.30 to 6.30 at our place, first come first served.
Please bring a seat and some ice if you have any. If you are very wealthy bring a bottle of fake or real. Any leftovers will be donated to the raffle.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is that the Aldi one ?

I rate the Aldi one as just as good or better than Baileys.

Anyway, that heatwave, you forget it is on 30th August 2021.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Sitting here at home in Pembrokeshire, gazing out at a wet, miserable garden, the thought of sitting in what promises to be a boggy Carmarthen showground doesn't quite fill me with delight. Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but the forecast for this neck of the woods isn't exactly promising ...... :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We are fed this heatwave nonsense every year around this time just when many are deciding whether to stay at home or travel abroad. Personally I think it will be another Indian summer starting towards the end of September. Be safe take your brollies to Carmarthen.:rain::rain::rain::Smile: Broken Link Removed

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
drove past the Carmarthen showground about 2 hours ago... on the way home ( regrettably cant stop ). it looked all soggy and wet and it was more than a bit persisting it down.

you'll need more than a little tipple of Irish mist! not to notice.

have a great weekend if your going:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
It's been dry here at the show ground all afternoon ,windy but dry, even had the sun shining :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just seen it on the news, the RNLI are rushing their best boats to the area for Saturday. With luck, they said, a couple of hover craft too.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Couldn't sit in the window seat of my Camarthen hotel breakfast room as the sun was shining in too brightly...

Fair weather motorhomers are woosies!

JJ :Cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yep dry n sunny here too at the showground .. Little bit of breeze which is a relief with all this sunshine :Cool:

John n Kath

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Yep dry n sunny here too at the showground .. Little bit of breeze which is a relief with all this sunshine :Cool:

John n Kath

lovely and sunny here to Kath have a great time. just saw weather forcast looks like the rain is going to be mostly during the night:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just seen it on the news, the RNLI are rushing their best boats to the area for Saturday. With luck, they said, a couple of hovercraft too.

Good news.

They think the boats will not be needed now, just sending the hovercrafts. They have practiced the technique of one hovercraft either side of a motorhome, ropes underneath and lift it out of a bog. The bad news is it won't work on an RV but they can organise a Sikorsky Sky Crane within a few days.

Don't Panic, it may be Wales but you can survive.

As long as you don't get a leek in your MH.

Attachments

• skycrane.jpg
    skycrane.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 17

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
He who laughs last.

We are sat listening to the rain on the roof in Ashbourne at the Thundersprint event. The good news is our front wheels are on the old taxiway. It's not looking good for the racing over the WE :cry:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
we have sunshine in london this saturday morning hope you are having good weather at carmarthen too

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
He who laughs last.

We are sat listening to the rain on the roof in Ashbourne at the Thundersprint event. The good news is our front wheels are on the old taxiway. It's not looking good for the racing over the WE :cry:

Oh boy did we have some rain last night. Tractor out unsticking people. I hope you lot in Wales are doing better. Home now, gave it up as a bad job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back