LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi Hayleyloo, we did last year, spent it on a farm overlookuing the sea in Cornwall . Had a blitle bit of rain but a great time had by all, me. Oh, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
I am in the process of looking for somwhere different this year and also stay over New Year.
Lin

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We are giving it some very serious thought, but cant decide were to go. It's not that I dont like xmas but I just like the idea of going away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Staying at Dibles park near gosport over christmas.Leaving home mid November doing France/Germany/Poland/Back across Germany/ France/Belgium then UK.
God willing.:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
No definite plans made as yet, but, if circumstances permit we could well be parked up on an aire de service between Xmas and New Year. :thumb:
Le Touquet or Brugge, ??? :RollEyes: decisions, decisions.::bigsmile:

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
No definite plans made as yet, but, if circumstances permit we could well be parked up on an aire de service between Xmas and New Year. :thumb:
Le Touquet or Brugge, ??? :RollEyes: decisions, decisions.::bigsmile:

Brugge in Belgium? Thats one of our favourite places and apparently they have lovley Christmas markets.
This will be the first time in 10 years we have been in GB for Christmas and I'm rather looking foward to it, though we're not really Christmas type of people and I'm not thinking of doing anything appauling with a Turkey, I am looking foward to some of the traditions.
However, christmas day in the MH somewhere, that does appeal. Will have to speak to the dearly beloved!

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Off "home" to Spain!! ...need to find cheap ferry .....spent happy times in Swanage though over Xmas .....not expensive and pool open every day except "the day"!! (Name of site escapes me....!!) ....:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi the trouble with France is it's frezing cold, and most of the aires and garages they turn the water off, we are thinking Portugal January / Febuary as we went to back to Spain this year, and have not been to Portugal and we are looking forward to it.::bigsmile: Bob.

V

vanessa

Deleted User
France isn't always "freezing cold" in the winter, especially during the daytime! It's also (generally) a much drier cold than the UK, so doesn't feel so cold.

Besides, unless you're planning on taking the very long sea-crossing to Spain, you've gotta pass through France on your way to Spain and Portugal:winky:

May sites stay open all year round, including ours; I know that many of the aires turn the water off in winter, but that's because they're un-manned. I'm sure if you asked in a garage, they'd turn water on for you "J'ai besoin de l'eau SVP"

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
vanessa's stopover!

hello vanessa, i have bookmarked your website and if all goes well i will be passing through sometime in december......i will eventually end up in alvor and sagres in the western algarve. alvor was recommended to me by an irishman called bob who stays there every year! the campsite offers all facilities and after 7 days the price reduces by 50% so get the google working !:Eeek:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
That's cool, Steve:Cool:

Lulu, I think you have a point there!:ROFLMAO:Although we did have quite a good summer here in France this year:Cool::thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Although we did have quite a good summer here in France this year.

OH:cry:Please vanessa hang on to it for another month:

We come out on Thursday and will be coming down the west coast, had a look at your web site and may pay you a visit, I will show Jane when she gets home, so make sure it stays dry and warm,if it's wet thing's might change.:ROFLMAO::whatthe:

Many Thanks . Bob.:thumb:

Zoe68

Free Member
Feb 14, 2008
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly 3
I spent last Christmas in Cornwall near Newquay, it ws really nice and peaceful, and all those beaches were empty. I havn't made plans for this year yet, you've got me thinking now.

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
I can't see Santa getting through one of my roof vents,so we'll probably stay at home:whatthe::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I'm sure we have a lot of members that spend time in Southern Europe, at Xmas & over the winter. :thumb:

Could we start a list of where members are going to be, so that if we find ourselves in a particular area we can look up who else is there? ::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
winter birds.

brilliant idea keith ! i think it would need a dedicated post with NO going off post ,i would contribute but my plans are up in the air at the moment because of illness of my partner.:thumb:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Although we did have quite a good summer here in France this year.

OH:cry:Please vanessa hang on to it for another month:

We come out on Thursday and will be coming down the west coast, had a look at your web site and may pay you a visit, I will show Jane when she gets home, so make sure it stays dry and warm,if it's wet thing's might change.:ROFLMAO::whatthe:

Many Thanks . Bob.:thumb:

No worries, Bob. September and October are usually gorgeous, too ... in fact, it's lovely today, clear blue skies and a gorgeous temperature::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks Vanessa thats good to hear, as it's p***ing with rain here today, I want to get the grass cut before we go, I knew I should have done it yesterday, it's already getting to long and we will not be home until the 7th October, might have to borrow some sheep :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Bob.

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Sheep sounds like the way to go, Bob. I might get some in to help me out here ... 4 acres of "lawn" is rather a lot:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and it all got rather neglected through August, so I'm paying the penalty now:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back