Campsites In Albania (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Setting off on Monday to Greece, can any funster give me advice/info on campsites in Albania and their GPS coordinates, . Thanks in anticipation.
Mickmouse:thumb:

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
We traveled through Albania last September, we spent three nights in the country, the first at the roman ruins in Butrint, car park camping I'm afraid however there is 24hr security by way of a guard to keep an eye on you and the ruins are well worth a visit.

The second and third nights were spent here.

http://www.camping-albania.eu/

A dutch owned campsite, nice folk and a secure site, they have all the facilities you might require and a small restaurant where you can enjoy whatever the family are eating that night, we ate there both nights.

We had only intended to stay one night but enjoyed the site so much we stayed an extra day. As an aside traveling in Albania takes a lot longer than other countries, it took us 13 hours from Butrint to Bushat !! and buy paper maps before you go, gps is unreliable and you still cannot buy a map there!!

John.

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
A couple of snaps.

Albania is pretty cool, wish we could have spent more time there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
albania

Nice outfit paintman. I want to do Croatia and greece in September any problems with insurance on the way and what vignettes did you need. Anyother info would be brill

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I would think theres plenty of deserted houses judging by the number round here to day ive been offered a gold ring to have my lawn cut and had a swaddled baby waved in my face

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We traveled through Albania last September, we spent three nights in the country, the first at the roman ruins in Butrint, car park camping I'm afraid however there is 24hr security by way of a guard to keep an eye on you and the ruins are well worth a visit.

The second and third nights were spent here.

http://www.camping-albania.eu/

A dutch owned campsite, nice folk and a secure site, they have all the facilities you might require and a small restaurant where you can enjoy whatever the family are eating that night, we ate there both nights.

We had only intended to stay one night but enjoyed the site so much we stayed an extra day. As an aside traveling in Albania takes a lot longer than other countries, it took us 13 hours from Butrint to Bushat !! and buy paper maps before you go, gps is unreliable and you still cannot buy a map there!!

John.

We stayed at Camping Hotel Albania a few weeks ago - very nice site, lovely family and fabulous shower block. The next site we stayed at was Camping Pa Emer and we really didn't like this one at all. The views are wonderful, right by the sea, but the pitches are woefully small - not wide enough to put the awning out - and the road leading to the site is horrendous.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Nice outfit paintman. I want to do Croatia and greece in September any problems with insurance on the way and what vignettes did you need. Anyother info would be brill

We travelled from the UK to Crete via Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Albania in March/April this year. No problems buying insurance at the border - 15 euros for Montenegro and 49 euros for Albania.
I have a spreadsheet which details our journey - if you would like a copy PM me your email address and I will mail it to you. Also happy to help if you have any other questions.

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year

Our insurance only provides cover in the EU and would not offer a green card, a quote was provided by NFU who will cover non EU, but to cancel our insurer and re insure with NFU midterm was going to cost a lot, so we bought third party cover at the borders and drove with great caution. Wobbly box plus trailer plus four motorbikes plus loads of spares, a big incident don't even bear thinking about.:Eeek:

Interestingly I believe if you buy your vehicle insurance in Europe (France/Germany etc) full European cover is provided as standard.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back