Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
when i am lurking in france i usually end up wherever i end up and look for a place to park. on reading a blog i noticed that an aires book is mentioned. could members please let me know of their experiences with this tome and should it be in my maps locker ?:Doh:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
thanks !

i have that site on my favourites,in fact i have e-mailed them to see if they can put a translation widget in ! i thought it would be convenient to have something by my side to look at whilst searching for somewhere to stop....any way , thank you for a prompt response.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I bought the book 'All The Aires In France' (it's in English) from Vicarious Books and although we tended to use campsites whilst we were in France this year, out of interest we did look for, and find, a few aires which were listed in here.

I had read some bad reviews about this book regadring confusing directions etc., but it seemed easy enough to follow as a reference guide - admittedly when used with a map!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
i have that site on my favourites,in fact i have e-mailed them to see if they can put a translation widget in ! i thought it would be convenient to have something by my side to look at whilst searching for somewhere to stop....any way , thank you for a prompt response.:thumb:

A google search bar includes a web page translator. well mine does anyway.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Camping car infos is a very useful French site that allows searches for Aires and provides loads of info, GPS, photos and users comments. Their DVD comes with all the data, is never more than 2 months old and means you don't need the Internet - great for browsing the night before or when we've been travelling just stop by the road pop in the DVD and find the next closest Aire.

There used to be an English version of the site but the Union Jack seems to have disappeared:

CAMPINGCAR-INFOS

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
The Aires de Service book is a good one to have in your locker.

Although in French it is easy enough to understand. We also have the other french Aires book (White), this one has less sites but sometimes entries in this one aren't in the other one (green). the first one is by the Camping car magazine and the white one by another magazine, forget the name right now.

We also have the English one by Vicarious books, in fact I have submitted some of the entries. I know the books are extra to carry but feel they are worth it. Also there is "Camperstop" which covers Europe generally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back