Campsite recomendations north of Edinburgh please (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, we are planing a trip up the east coast across to Inverness,Fort william and back down to Loch Lomond before retuning home.Can anyone recomend a /some sites to see /stay on.We have 3 nights booked at Whitley bay and 3 at Edinburgh after that we will have to see :thumb:Thought of stopping off near or at Dundee,Aberdeen,somewhere higer up the coast before Inverness then across more before down to L/Lomond,any ideas would be great :thumb: thanks ::bigsmile: in advance :winky:
terry
edit, you can pm me if you don't want everyone to know of any little gems you may wish to share.
we are members of both CC & C&CC

Last edited:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Culloden at Inverness is a nice site to book into and relax for a night.
Leave the van and catch a bus into Inverness for a night out if that is your thing.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
We did almost the same in June this year stopping at Whitby and then Edinburgh. We then stopped at Maragowan CC. Site and Link Removed
Near to St Andrews lovely site and ST Andrews itself offers loads of Motorhome parking right next to the beach £1 for all day parking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TravellingCliffs

Free Member
May 15, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 1999
Hi all, we are planing a trip up the east coast across to Inverness,Fort william and back down to Loch Lomond before retuning home.Can anyone recomend a /some sites to see /stay on.We have 3 nights booked at Whitley bay and 3 at Edinburgh after that we will have to see :thumb:Thought of stopping off near or at Dundee,Aberdeen,somewhere higer up the coast before Inverness then across more before down to L/Lomond,any ideas would be great :thumb: thanks ::bigsmile: in advance :winky:
terry
edit, you can pm me if you don't want everyone to know of any little gems you may wish to share.
we are members of both CC & C&CC

Hi Terry, there are quite a lot of really nice sites up there but the easiest way to find out what they are like currently is to go to ukcampsite.co.uk this excellent website is free to join and you can plot your way around by reading up to date reviews. Have a good trip. Tony

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
CC site at Banchory just a short drive from Aberdeen, but as usual for CC not cheap.

There are good sites at Stonehaven which my daughter found very good, no details though.

Perth maybe a bit far over to the West but a C&CC site at Scone by the racecourse is good, nice river walks too, as well as Scone Palace.

Enjoy your trip.

Keith

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Try this link Link Removed

Sites are cheap as buttons.

Culloden is a bit out in the sticks. Go over to Rosehearty and you can watch dolphins, whales etc play all day

You will have a lovely trip. Next time plan to go right up to John O Groats and down the other side. Brilliant

3plus2

Deleted User
If your heading from Aberdeen up to Inverness head up the coast road to Banff/Mcduff. Banff has a nice site right on the beach then follow the coast road along to cullen which has another nice site. Then head up to Elgin and just after to Burghead which is a personal favourite!

only takes about 20 touring vans has fab showers/toilets

very quiet site but theres a chip shop and shop few miles away and Elgin about 10 mins which has everything.

its a fantastic site you walk through the woods on the the beach and even in the summer there is hardly anyone there.

If you want a nice get away from it all place to stay I highly recommend it :thumb:

Link Details - Burghead Beach Holiday Park

we live about 30 miles north of Aberdeen its beautiful up here I'm sure u will have a fantastic time!

Last edited by a moderator:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Try this link Link Removed

Sites are cheap as buttons.

Culloden is a bit out in the sticks. Go over to Rosehearty and you can watch dolphins, whales etc play all day

You will have a lovely trip. Next time plan to go right up to John O Groats and down the other side. Brilliant

Is that Rosemarkie C&CC site. :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: Thanks guys keep them comming :thumb: nothing set in stone :ROFLMAO: just which ever Connie (sat nav) and Alice (van) takes us :thumb: could stop 1 / 2 or even 3 nights or more before moving on :thumb: thanks again == This one important to get right as SWMBO always plans where she wants to stay, what / where we are going to eat ,etc, for the whole holiday.The first 6 nights are already booked for sites resterants ,cafe etc etc:ROFLMAO:She has always said she is not bothered about where we go but plans merticulusly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We will go to,eat at ,eat in,even to meals traveling between sites :ROFLMAO: If it goes t-=s up it will be me in the dog house even more than usual :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
fort augustus.

there is a really good site at fort augustus just before fort william. if you cycle then you can take advantage of going along the canal, all facilities in the village,the best pub/restaurant is the loch inn right by the canal. i heartily recommend it, i will be there in october !:thumb:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I personally like CC site at Bunree south of Fort William, and CC site at North Ledaig near Oban has fabulous sunsets and views out to sea. I believe C&CC site at Luss, Loch Lomond is good but has always been full when I wanted to go there.

David

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class